• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mitchell Johnson's Return to Test Matches

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Option 1

Batting at #8 will make 126 from 90 balls.

Will take 6/7 in the first innings and break the English spirits.

Option 2

One of the Barmy Army will call him a "girl".

Will make 4 and 0 with the bat

Match figures of 1/267

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think he'll take about 5/180 all up, going at around 3.5-4 an over. Just enough to lose/draw the game but still get picked for the rest of the series. Negligible returns with the bat, 30 runs tops.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think he will get 4-170 for the match and will be dropped for the Adelaide Test. Adelaide will be tough for our quicks so we will bring back Mitch, the savior for the WACA.

Waxhead

Cricket Spectator
Its likely that he would prove most of his critics wrong.
Well I really hope this happens - it would be a welcome change BUT.............
As usual I think he'll get 1 for 250 for the test in bowling and...
About 20 runs total.

I'd rather have the Queen Mum playing for the aussies :)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If offered that now would you take it?

Always a chance Harris could have a field day and Mitch doing that might be a decent back up.
Would not take that ftr. If it was 2.5-3 an over, then yes. When our bowling to you blokes depends so much on keeping it tight, we just can't afford Mitch to leak the runs.

Stapel

International Regular
It really seems a step backwards for the Aussies. I don't think any English batsmen will sleep any minute less for having to face MJ.