• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Don Bradman 14

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
So not that this is shocking news, but Big Ant announced that they're officially not releasing the game this year. They did release a beta for PC where you can bat in the nets as the Don.

Have to wonder about their marketing strategy. I have to wonder if the game just isn't ready and the Ashes '13 debacle has given them an excuse to hold off rabid fans.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
This actually looks immense. Love the look of the gameplay, the way DRS has been implemented, it just looks like a much more realistic attempt at a cricket game. I love the customisation too, it's one thing that's been very limited with console Cricket games, so being able to add as many teams as you like is pretty awesome. I'll give it a purchase for sure, looking forward to it!

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I think there is a cricket game releasing on android and iOS on 30th March, it has 28 shots, realistic ball physics, etc. Forgot the name, but its touted to be the best cricket game on the mobile platform.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Sounds like the April release date is for Australia and New Zealand only with no confirmed date for other territories.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
You mean steam? That's not for another couple of months. Or are they planning on releasing digitally on consoles too? BTW, I think the country does matter when it comes to downloading patches (this game will have a day one patch).

Sounds like the April release date is for Australia and New Zealand only with no confirmed date for other territories.
I believe everything is hitting on the same date but since they didn't have confirmation on the UK retailer they have not announced it.

Seriously, while this might just be the best cricket game ever made, the release has been handled horribly and will likely impact sales.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Doesn't fill me with confidence tbh. The guy has said the game is pretty much ready for 9 months now and that they were just waiting for the best time to release it. Surely that time is gone?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
If you go back a couple of pages i believe that was discussed. I still think it was the wrong move. They should have been shipping truckloads of copies when AC13 was canceled, not crawl back into their shell and wait 4 more months for the release to coincide with the T20 WC.

ajdude

International Coach
i guess the thing is by the time summer rolls along in Australia and the World Cup comes up, this will still be the only real current game. wouldn't be surprised if they followed Rugby League Live's (and to a lesser extent, AFL Live GOTY's) idea and bought the licensing for the World Cup and brought out a World Cup edition.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Yes two of the most hyped Test series just gone by and they wait for the T20WC, does seem like the marketing team dropped the ball there. Though getting youngsters who aren't going to buy the game anyway is the best idea, and they probably figure test cricket has less appeal to said demographic compared with T20.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If you go back a couple of pages i believe that was discussed. I still think it was the wrong move. They should have been shipping truckloads of copies when AC13 was canceled, not crawl back into their shell and wait 4 more months for the release to coincide with the T20 WC.
All the press AC13 got for being quite arguably the worst game of all time left them worried people would confuse the two games if the release came too soon after, and I don't blame them one bit for that.