Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Don Bradman 14

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Downloading this on steam atm

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    I average 5 with the ball, and 19 with the bat after five first-class games. I'm supposed to be a batting allrounder.

International Coach OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Got this yesterday. fmd it's unforgiving. My 16 year old Indian prodigy who plays for Kent has an average of 8.5 after 16 innings.

As ridiculous as this sounds considering my stats, I can feel myself getting better. I'm able to pick the length of the ball (by far the most important and difficult aspect of the batting in this game) a bit better with each passing innings. But I just keep nicking off outside off stump. Probably need to stop driving so often. I basically go for the drive every time it's pitched up. Really hoping I get better and it's not just poor game mechanics holding me back (though I doubt that, as most reviews are very positive about the batting)

Got the collector's edition which comes with a cool steel cover and a nice, quaint Bradman documentary.
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Wow baby, that gave me an orgasmic pleasure!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    wait is this game actually good?
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...cricket-legacy

Brad McNamara ‏@bbuzzmc
    Will say this once and then nothing else. Defamation laws quite clear in Aus.be careful.

Goddammit are people still confusing this for Ashes 13? **** you guys. Apparently the game bombed big time, too, despite great reviews. Pews was right.
    zorax likes this.

I didn't buy it because they were charging ****ing 50 on Amazon. Imagine others were the same.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

The Wheel of Mediocrity | Compton, Root, Carberry, Robson, Trott, Lyth | The wheel is forever

Founder and Grand Wizard of the CW Football Thread Statluminati. Potential hater of abilities. Blocked on twitter by Michael Vaughan, Brad McNamara and AtlCricket for my hard hitting truths.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    you didnt answer my question, OS

It's on sale at 50% off on Amazon India right now.

Buy Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Collector's Edition (PC) Online at Low Prices in India | Tru Blu Entertainment Video Games - Amazon.in

Rs.1999 is a good enough price imo, as the docu is a nice addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    you didnt answer my question, OS
    I've only played 7-8 hours but I can say pretty clearly,the game's awesome. Well worth a buy.

cpr
    I found it rather difficult when I played it, the batting mechanics got too hard for me, an occasional gamer at best, to get to grips with. Once it starts asking you to use both sticks to control the batting, there was just too much going on for me to do anything bar pick my intended shot far in advance and hope the ball is somewhere near what I want when its bowled. Basically it was either block or be bowled out.

Alas its still 45 on the PS4, and I cant be fussed sorting the PS3 out just to give it another run
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

It's weird, DBC14. On one side, it's the best cricket game I've ever played, in terms of detail, depth, variety of play etc. I always love games that allow me to customise/create stuff, and DBC does that. The gameplay is good, although it takes a little while to get the batting under control (I got like 5 ducks in my first five innings, but can now whack centuries on demand). Bowling is easier, and in some ways more fun, because you can feel like you've really set a batsman up and then got his wicket. The Career mode is the best, and what a cricket game should always have, but I do have a few gripes, which are relatively minor.

Firstly, you can't ever get dropped, which although it means you play every game, but it's unrealistic. Also, teams never change. In 20/20 matches, when batting second, my teams never bat at a T20 rate, as shown by the screenshot below. It's extremely infuriating, because you can't ever really win T20 games. It also applies somewhat in 50 overs games.

But still, overall a good game. Best cricket ever, although not perfect.

dbc gripe 1.png

International 12th Man schearzie's Avatar
    I'm fjnfjng DBC14 to be great fun every now and then. I too don't like some aspects, such as changing where you bat in the order over your career but I'm only in my players early stages of career. He does however average 50+ batting at 7 and deserves a go up the order.
    Anyway, good overall game for fans of cricket gaming.

International Vice-Captain zorax's Avatar
    Loved this game myself TBH. Doesn't run very smoothly on my old laptop though, and haven't found the time to sit down and master the controls yet.

But for a brief time after I got the game, I was ripping out some fine offbreaks and providing handy lower order support to my colleagues at Kent. Really enjoyed the game.

The total lack of a fielding radar takes getting used to, and I'm still finding pro difficulty absolutely brutal. Got my average up to 17

International Vice-Captain zorax's Avatar
    IIRC if you press the Right Down push button you can view the field before the bowler runs in.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread Information