• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Don Bradman 14

cpr

International Coach
I found it rather difficult when I played it, the batting mechanics got too hard for me, an occasional gamer at best, to get to grips with. Once it starts asking you to use both sticks to control the batting, there was just too much going on for me to do anything bar pick my intended shot far in advance and hope the ball is somewhere near what I want when its bowled. Basically it was either block or be bowled out.

Alas its still £45 on the PS4, and I cant be fussed sorting the PS3 out just to give it another run

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
It's weird, DBC14. On one side, it's the best cricket game I've ever played, in terms of detail, depth, variety of play etc. I always love games that allow me to customise/create stuff, and DBC does that. The gameplay is good, although it takes a little while to get the batting under control (I got like 5 ducks in my first five innings, but can now whack centuries on demand). Bowling is easier, and in some ways more fun, because you can feel like you've really set a batsman up and then got his wicket. The Career mode is the best, and what a cricket game should always have, but I do have a few gripes, which are relatively minor.

Firstly, you can't ever get dropped, which although it means you play every game, but it's unrealistic. Also, teams never change. In 20/20 matches, when batting second, my teams never bat at a T20 rate, as shown by the screenshot below. It's extremely infuriating, because you can't ever really win T20 games. It also applies somewhat in 50 overs games.

But still, overall a good game. Best cricket ever, although not perfect.

dbc gripe 1.png

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I'm fjnfjng DBC14 to be great fun every now and then. I too don't like some aspects, such as changing where you bat in the order over your career but I'm only in my players early stages of career. He does however average 50+ batting at 7 and deserves a go up the order.
Anyway, good overall game for fans of cricket gaming.

cnerd123

likes this
Loved this game myself TBH. Doesn't run very smoothly on my old laptop though, and haven't found the time to sit down and master the controls yet.

But for a brief time after I got the game, I was ripping out some fine offbreaks and providing handy lower order support to my colleagues at Kent. Really enjoyed the game.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The total lack of a fielding radar takes getting used to, and I'm still finding pro difficulty absolutely brutal. Got my average up to 17 :p

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it's Left Trigger on the controller. Good system imo, but as I said, takes getting used to. Love how when you press the trigger and manually look around to survey the field, the umpire puts out his hand to signal to the bowler not to start his runup. Excellent little touch.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
There is the normal edition and platinum edition of the game available for PS3. Any difference between various versions?

Shady Slim

International Coach
i got this recently and was playing as south africa versus the windies, and playing on amateur difficulty:
-marlon samuels did something
-dale steyn was carted
-almost all of tahir's balls were somehow googlies
-abdv took a blinder of a catch
-i tried to bodyline their ninth wicket stand (blackwood/roach) because nothing was working
-kemar roach got to 49 before philander was able to catch him inches from the ground off his own bowling
-jerome taylor then tried to do the same shot and philander caught him low again
-i decided to bowl faf du plessis for one over when they were nine down. first ball was a tight lbw shout turned down and the second clean bowled blackwood

brilliant

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I play it at times and enjoy it a lot. I suck at batting in it though. After two seasons I am averaging around 3-4 across all formats.