Cricket Player Manager
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Don Bradman 14

Sounds like the April release date is for Australia and New Zealand only with no confirmed date for other territories.

If they are also releasing it digitally does it really matter? Zones/countries I mean.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    You mean steam? That's not for another couple of months. Or are they planning on releasing digitally on consoles too? BTW, I think the country does matter when it comes to downloading patches (this game will have a day one patch).

Quote Originally Posted by ImpatientLime View Post
    Sounds like the April release date is for Australia and New Zealand only with no confirmed date for other territories.
    I believe everything is hitting on the same date but since they didn't have confirmation on the UK retailer they have not announced it.

Seriously, while this might just be the best cricket game ever made, the release has been handled horribly and will likely impact sales.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    So much of the hype is lost, the peak was in December or so.

Doesn't fill me with confidence tbh. The guy has said the game is pretty much ready for 9 months now and that they were just waiting for the best time to release it. Surely that time is gone?
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    May have had something to do with Ashes Cricket's spectacular failure

If you go back a couple of pages i believe that was discussed. I still think it was the wrong move. They should have been shipping truckloads of copies when AC13 was canceled, not crawl back into their shell and wait 4 more months for the release to coincide with the T20 WC.

i guess the thing is by the time summer rolls along in Australia and the World Cup comes up, this will still be the only real current game. wouldn't be surprised if they followed Rugby League Live's (and to a lesser extent, AFL Live GOTY's) idea and bought the licensing for the World Cup and brought out a World Cup edition.

Yes two of the most hyped Test series just gone by and they wait for the T20WC, does seem like the marketing team dropped the ball there. Though getting youngsters who aren't going to buy the game anyway is the best idea, and they probably figure test cricket has less appeal to said demographic compared with T20.
    Current Favourite XI 1. Gayle 2. Warner 3.Sangakarra 4. Clarke* 5. Chanderpaul 6.DeVilliers 7. De Kock+ 8. Vettori 9. Johnson 10. Herath 11. Steyn

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    If you go back a couple of pages i believe that was discussed. I still think it was the wrong move. They should have been shipping truckloads of copies when AC13 was canceled, not crawl back into their shell and wait 4 more months for the release to coincide with the T20 WC.
    All the press AC13 got for being quite arguably the worst game of all time left them worried people would confuse the two games if the release came too soon after, and I don't blame them one bit for that.
    Nate likes this.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpatientLime View Post
    Eh, available to pre order from Game for the 4th April. Decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    All the press AC13 got for being quite arguably the worst game of all time left them worried people would confuse the two games if the release came too soon after, and I don't blame them one bit for that.
    Was there a lot of negative press in general or just a few niche groups complaining? Serious question as I'm not aware of how much press that actually garnered.

Interestingly enough, the CEO of BA knew AC13 was balls and should've been canceled, and IIRC he admitted to waiting for that game to be canceled or postponed indefinitely and then coming out with DBC14. To his shock they actually released it and then pulled it back, poisoning the waters for him (and getting away with murdering 505 games reputation). Earlier in the thread you'll note I was actually on board with their current strategy, but waiting and waiting to see what happens with AC13 when your game was apparently ready to release sounds like a bad strategy. I guess it's tough to blame them for what they did afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Was there a lot of negative press in general or just a few niche groups complaining? Serious question as I'm not aware of how much press that actually garnered.
    The amount of press it got for being terrible was absolutely huge.

It's been stuck on wikipedia's "worst games of all time" list because so many critics panned it.
    "Your averages, captain, coaches and players can probably survive incompetence over a relatively short series, so if youíre going to be rubbish, make sure itís against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or someone."

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    The amount of press it got for being terrible was absolutely huge.
    once it gets a video from cr1t1kal you know for sure it's the lowest of the low
    Exit pursuing a beer

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information