• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Kallis now overtake Sachin?

centurymaker

International Captain
actually you can argue that either way a player is being selfish whether he continues or retires.

Playing on to improve aggregate tallies as opposed to retiring now to preserve averages.

So it's not really that.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kallis is the greatest cricketer of modern times. Not only shouldering a Sachin-esque batting workload, but he's bowled more overs than any Indian seamer over the same time period (NB. I only checked this against Javagal Srinath - the only Indian seamer worthy of the name over this period)

Shri

Mr. Glass
If Kallis wants to improve his aggregate, he has to average 58 or more than whatever he is averaging now. If he does that, his team benefits.

salman85

International Debutant
No Kallis won't.

I think Tendulkar's test record is going to be safe for the distant future.

His ODI record however, will most certainly be outdone by Kohli, and that to by a fair margin.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Yeah **** it its 4 am and I am doin an all nighter toget someone from the airport.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
His ODI record however, will most certainly be outdone by Kohli, and that to by a fair margin.
I was just thinking about Sachin's ODI record, and it would probably be significantly more impressive had he not been useless for like the first 5 years of his career. Probably along Kohli levels of ridiculousness really.

salman85

International Debutant
Those 5 years, and the fact that he was a rather poor captain and his performances went down when he was at the helm.In 73 matches, he averages 37 as India's ODI captain.He played under 4 other full time appointed captains - Azhar, Dravid, Ganguly and Dhoni.In terms of ODI batting averages alone, he was at his poorest when he himself was the captain.

I think this is something that could be discussed - His ability as a captain (new thread alert).

Other than his own personal performances, India's fortunes under Tendulkar weren't great either.If there is one black spot on his career, it would probably be his ability as captain.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Everyone saying Sachin's ODI record will be taken over by my boy Kohli are presuming ODIs will last long enough. Big presumption.

DDP

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Kallis could do it.

S.A probably need to be given test series' more than 2 tests long though

BCCI c****