• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which cricket playing nations are more likely to shed their minnow tag in the future?

sambha

Cricket Spectator
Which cricket playing nations are more likely to shed their minnow tag 10 yrs in the future?
bangladesh is one for sure.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Nepal has the means they could get to a decent standard, maybe even reach Bangladesh's standard in a few decades. They really love their cricket, tons of people turn up for games, be it age group or international. I just don't think they have the infrastructure at the moment to help them out.

Ireland are the closest atm along with Afghanistan I guess. Ireland are already fairly competitive in ODIs, if the recent fixtures against Pakistan are any indication. Miles ahead of the rest of the associates in that format imo and unfortunately they'd be a lot better if their best players weren't leaving.

UAE as well?

Last edited:

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
It would be nice to see Afghanistan rise, if and when their political turmoil ends. They have the passion and the demographics for it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Okay I'll get this one in early (but obviously not early enough, uvelocity WAC), anyone who decides to use this thread as excuse to troll by hilllaaarrriiiiously calling one of the top eight Test teams a minnow will be getting an infraction.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Okay I'll get this one in early (but obviously not early enough, uvelocity WAC), anyone who decides to use this thread as excuse to troll by hilllaaarrriiiiously calling one of the top eight Test teams a minnow will be getting an infraction.
This ain't your site ****. Pipe down.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Is this the beginning of Pakistan's batting decline especially with Misbah and Younis set to retire soon? We still haven't found any decent replacements except maybe Shafiq.

Dissector

International Debutant
In which format? Arguably BD are already past the minnow level in ODI's. I don't know if they will make it in tests even in ten years though they are probably the best candidate.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
If the ICC doesn't **** around with the politics, I can really see Afghanistan coming good. They have a massive domestic competition, a good climate for cricket, and enough support from their government. Moreover, their climate can actually produce wickets for fast bowlers as well.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This is the worst call since koertzen/dar/Bowden (can't remember which) gave Kallis not out to a full length Freddie Yorker in 2008. Cricsim rules don't apply at CW much as I hate that Shri is right :ph34r:

Bangas the obvious shout, assuming I'm allowed to hold such an opinion.

Ireland or Afghanistan outside the Tey nations.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Doesn't seem all that clear cut to me. Reckon the Windies for example are closer to Bangladesh right now than they are to the top 3/4 teams.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you're going to stifle my freedom of speech then I won't come on here and say India then.

A regular Ayn Rand, this guy

wiff

First Class Debutant
What country has the game named after them but don't play cricket? That's right, the French. Waiting for big things from them.