• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is Sachin's 99.94?

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
No way. 100 centuries will live on far more than 99 and getting out for 94 vs. the WI.
that was the last match of the series against WI and that too on his home ground. If he had announced his retirement at the beginning of that series and then ended up doing what he did i.e. scoring 94 in the last match... then who knows?

99.94!

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
His fan boys by far. Doubt any cricketer will ever match this. I mean even days after his retirement cricinfo's main news stories are about him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I mean even days after his retirement cricinfo's main news stories are about him.
This is like literally the time when most news stories are about him. There are news stories on the front page of the Sydney Morning Herald about him.

Zinzan

This is like literally the time when most news stories are about him. There are news stories on the front page of the Sydney Morning Herald about him.
Really? Anyone would have thought it was the week preceding it judging by the 289 cricinfo articles & the 589 cricketweb threads (okay, slight exaggeration) leading up to the retirement.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Really? Anyone would have thought it was the week preceding it judging by the 289 cricinfo articles & the 589 cricketweb threads (okay, slight exaggeration) leading up to the retirement.
But why would they stop now? He just revealed why he's retired, how is that not news?

I don't disagree with your point by the way. His popularity/adulation/blind following may very well be what separates him from the rest. But I think stating that articles about him retiring now being proof of that is odd. Hardly an odd time to write about him and his career.

Shri

Mr. Glass
There are actually not that many threads about it in CW. A couple of joke threads and a couple f serious threads. Thats fairly low.

Zinzan

But why would they stop now? He just revealed why he's retired, how is that not news?

I don't disagree with your point by the way. His popularity/adulation/blind following may very well be what separates him from the rest. But I think stating that articles about him retiring now being proof of that is odd. Hardly an odd time to write about him and his career.
Fair point, I suppose it's just the 'pre-retirement' hype was so comprehensive & over-played, it makes you wonder what's left to write. But fair enough, his reason for retiring is something new.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Obviously some of the more "emotional fan" type writers have got a bit silly, but I've actually thoroughly enjoyed most of cricinfo's coverage. I expected it to be a lot more cringey than it has been.

As for CricketWeb.. well, this place would have to be the least Tendulkar mania infected international online cricket community in the world. There have been lots of threads but it's all been pretty balanced discussion; tbh if anything the over the top rubbish has come largely from the anti-Tendulkar trolls.

Zinzan

Obviously some of the more "emotional fan" type writers have got a bit silly, but I've actually thoroughly enjoyed most of cricinfo's coverage. I expected it to be a lot more cringey than it has been.

As for CricketWeb.. well, this place would have to be the least Tendulkar mania infected international online cricket community in the world. There have been lots of threads but it's all been pretty balanced discussion; tbh if anything the over the top rubbish has come largely from the anti-Tendulkar trolls.
Haha PEWS, can't say I've noticed much in the way of anti-Sachin trolls myself, hope you're not implying I'm one of them given I've always genuinely believed he's been overrated my most :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha PEWS, can't say I've noticed much in the way of anti-Sachin trolls myself, hope you're not implying I'm one of them given I've always genuinely believed he's been overrated my most :p
Nah I'm pretty much just referring to sledger who got banned for it and one other member who hadn't posted for ages and came back just to lay the boot in (not you :p).