• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2013/14

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I am pretty confident Dhoni and Gambhir don't get along, but I'm not too fussed in Gambhir missing out. He **** me too much in Australia a couple of years ago, I'm still not over it.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am pretty confident Dhoni and Gambhir don't get along, but I'm not too fussed in Gambhir missing out. He **** me too much in Australia a couple of years ago, I'm still not over it.
Yeah but he's done well on previous overseas tour. Was excellent last time against a peak Steyn and showed fight. I love that about him... Even when he had a mediocre hone series in India against England he fought superbly for a couple of gritty innings. Need something like that in SA.
Dhawan and Vijay are going to be ripped apart by Steyn and Philander... Gambhir is doing ok in domestic too recently isn't he? Hopefully one of Dhawan or Vijay get a pair of pairs to pave the way for my boy's recall

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The guy's a gun. He's produced the goods in both formats before and he'll do it again. Did well in his short stint in the CC and now he's doing making runs in the Ranji, he'll be back.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah but he's done well on previous overseas tour. Was excellent last time against a peak Steyn and showed fight. I love that about him... Even when he had a mediocre hone series in India against England he fought superbly for a couple of gritty innings. Need something like that in SA.
Dhawan and Vijay are going to be ripped apart by Steyn and Philander... Gambhir is doing ok in domestic too recently isn't he? Hopefully one of Dhawan or Vijay get a pair of pairs to pave the way for my boy's recall
Yeah Gambhir's a fighter, but when you are there at the ground live seeing Gambhir guide balls to slip, its rough. That **** haunts you man, it haunts you.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jadeja is a good selection. Just have a feeling he'll do well with the ball in SA. Every test in the last few years where SA have been pushed hard /beaten has for some invariably involved a big contribution from an opposition spinner. Harbhajan, Swann, Herath, Ajmal... So it wouldn't hurt to have a guy who can bowl and bat a bit as well. Ashwin + Jadeja to give us a win imo
Jadeja will be such a bunny if he plays. Amla and AB to tonk him out of the game (and I am not even going to mention his "batting"). Play one of Ojha and Ashwin. Four bowlers should be enough. Rohit and Kohli can fill in a bit.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
By fought superbly, you mean fought selfishly in Mumbai to preserve his not out instead of going for broke or farming the strike? That was unforgivable. I don't mind dhoni and the selectors passing up on Gambhir if that is a reason.

I'm pretty happy with the squad, maybe another bat or ishwar pandey in for Ishant would be better, but no genuine complaints

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Jadeja is a good selection. Just have a feeling he'll do well with the ball in SA. Every test in the last few years where SA have been pushed hard /beaten has for some invariably involved a big contribution from an opposition spinner. Harbhajan, Swann, Herath, Ajmal... So it wouldn't hurt to have a guy who can bowl and bat a bit as well. Ashwin + Jadeja to give us a win imo
Jo'burg 2011.

Ray.

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well, it will be a close series. I'd say 1-1.

They should go with this-

Dhawan
Vijay
Pujara
Kohli
Rohit
Rahane
Dhoni
Ashwin
B.Kumar
M.Shami
Z.Khan

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
So what should be our bowling combination? I think Ashwin is a certainty as he is a good lower order batsmen also, so that leaves us with 3 spots for pace bowlers. I would personally go for what Ray selected Kumar/Shami/Khan

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
nah until the **** gets a time machine and fixes up Melbourne and Sydney 2011/12 he's not welcome back into the team.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Tough decision regarding the three seamers, you probably want someone in there with a lot of experience, and ZAK is probably the only real candidate there, but I wouldn't be too keen on having both him and Bhuvi Kumar in the same team, I mean, what if the ball doesn't swing much?