• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another Sachin Thread: Which Stroke Will You Associate Most With Sachin

Which Stroke Will you Associate Most With Sachin

• Straight Drive

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Lofted Cover Drive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Half-Cut Half-Drive (Off the Backfoot)

• Upper Cut

• Paddle-Sweep

• Whip Through Mid-Wicket

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Cleaning the Seam or Other

• Total voters

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
In a lot of ways, there isn't one single thing that serves as a trademark to Sachin's career or batting, and even when it comes to strokes, I'm not sure how easy it is to decide which stroke of Sachin's was most iconic. It's usually why the standard compliment to Sachin is that he's the most 'complete' batsman. Anywho, figured this is the right time to ask which stroke you associate most with Sachin. There are a few good ones to choose from.

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
Straight drive. Which he played with almost supernatural form.

For about 3 years he was as good as it's humanly possible for anyone to be.

irfan

State Captain
The crouch before he gets into his stance....

In all seriousness, it's his straight drive that's barely an extension of a forward push. All timing and if he gets the placement right, usually races down the ground for four.

This is the best example I could find:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sachin looks like he takes care of himself, hoping he doesn't have a stroke at all.

Last edited:

subshakerz

International Coach
The crouch before he gets into his stance....

In all seriousness, it's his straight drive that's barely an extension of a forward push. All timing and if he gets the placement right, usually races down the ground for four.

This is the best example I could find:

Yeah, I agree, I find his straight drive his signature stroke. But there's an even better example, check out this shot to Wasim at 7:44 during his classic 136 in Chennai. His timing, placement of the shot with the angle of the delivery is unbelievable.

Sachin Tendulkar 136 Vs Pakistan 1999 Chennai - YouTube

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I agree, I find his straight drive his signature stroke. But there's an even better example, check out this shot to Wasim at 7:44 during his classic 136 in Chennai. His timing, placement of the shot with the angle of the delivery is unbelievable.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DJ4272VyNQN4&cd=1&ved=0CC0QtwIwAA&usg=AFQjCNEzBOraBFfnZOFRpYB7hms2OfGSdQ&sig2=mdcSbJwUl-B86H7AiNi63g[/video]

This video. 2:04. Boom. Best straight drive I've ever seen.

Either that or that famous one off Brett Lee in the 2008 cb series