• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Masterly Batting now available

chasingthedon

International Regular
The book which we extracted a few weeks ago, featuring several pieces penned by CW feature writers Martin Chandler (fredfertang), Sean Ehlers (archie_mac), David Taylor (stumpski), David Mutton (davidmutton), Gareth Bland (garethb) and myself (chasingthedon), and previous CW contributor, Rodney Ulyate, is now available at Amazon, Waterstones, WH Smith, as well as being orderable from the Daily Telegraph and Guardian online stores, among others.

Titled Masterly Batting, and co-edited by Patrick Ferriday (author of CW's 2012 Book of the Year Before The Lights Went Out) and myself, the book features essays by the likes of David Frith, Stephen Chalke, Neil Manthorp, Rob Smyth, Richard Parry, Ric Sissions, Daniel Harris, Telford Vice and Ken Piesse, as well as contributions from players Mark Butcher, Dennis Amiss and Derek Pringle.

The book will be reviewed on our site on November 23, in the meantime you can check out the Daily Telegraph and Guardian for more extracts and reviews:-

The Spin | What is the greatest Test century of all time? | Sport | theguardian.com

Masterly Batting: 100 Great Test centuries, by Patrick Ferriday & Dave Wilson - Reviews - Books - The Independent

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
I was tempted to have my name recorded as Archie Mac in the book, however thought I had better not use an alias.

I have just finished reading Masterly Batting and really enjoyed it. Perhaps I am bias but after reading far too many cricket books I think I can remove myself enough to give an unbiased (well mostly) view:)

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's regretful that my essay about Andrew Symonds' debut hundred was rejected

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's regretful that nobody thought of adding 'ful' at the end of master, so it does not sound like I am talking about jacking off when I promote the book to my friends.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When you told me there was a book about master batting I thought you'd just made a spelling error and added the extra t.
It wasn't me just me slurring my speech mate, and was a deliberate attempt to mislead you, but the patronage of a couple cereal offenders is essential to the success of a book these days