• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Masterly Batting now available

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking forward to the sequel of this called Miserly Batting, which features essays on such players as Chris Martin, Mathew Sinclair, Rob Quiney and Darren Sammy.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Looking forward to the sequel of this called Miserly Batting, which features essays on such players as Chris Martin, Mathew Sinclair, Rob Quiney and Darren Sammy.
Compiled, edited and with a foreword by Chris Tavare.

Have just read the (good, but not as good as mine :ph34r:) review - and the soul-destroyingly predictable comments under it - on Cricinfo, which just further strengthened my appreciation for this place. Credit to Tangy and Dave for wading in to defend it against the angry hordes over there as well.

archie mac

International Coach

Have just read the (good, but not as good as mine :ph34r:) review - and the soul-destroyingly predictable comments under it - on Cricinfo, which just further strengthened my appreciation for this place. Credit to Tangy and Dave for wading in to defend it against the angry hordes over there as well.
yeah, they love to label everyone as racist. Let's not worry that Lara appears in the top 25 three times more than anyone else.

I also noticed Cricinfo reduced the rating from 4 to 3.5 stars. Peer pressure? I did reply to the crap on Cricinfo but typically they didn't post my reply .

Thanks for the excellent review Seanus (I hardly ever have the opportunity to call someone that!)

chasingthedon

International Regular
yeah, they love to label everyone as racist. Let's not worry that Lara appears in the top 25 three times more than anyone else.

I also noticed Cricinfo reduced the rating from 4 to 3.5 stars. Peer pressure? I did reply to the crap on Cricinfo but typically they didn't post my reply .

Thanks for the excellent review Seanus (I hardly ever have the opportunity to call someone that!)
Why would they deny yours yet post that other stuff?

Sorry - my frustrated English colonialism coming through there.

chasingthedon

International Regular

Yes, great review Sean, my Dad was particularly impressed by the quality of your writing. Would you like to be involved in the Master Baiting project? It requires two hands.

chasingthedon

International Regular

The reviewer has started following me on Twitter - think I should bring up the fact that they shaved half a ball off us? I feel quite emasculated

chasingthedon

International Regular
Found in CI's posting guidelines:-

"The following are not allowed under any circumstances:

racism and accusations of racism "

:laugh:

archie mac

International Coach
Found in CI's posting guidelines:-

"The following are not allowed under any circumstances:

racism and accusations of racism "

:laugh:
Haha, they're not sticking to that

Although I prefer they post what is being written excepting specific name calling. I thought in the end they presented a fair example of the view of posters from both sides. And that both the authors replied very professionally and in the end won over some critics.

Was hoping the book reviewer would explain why he ended up taking off half a point but interesting he is following you on twitter, not sure what to make off that

chasingthedon

International Regular
Haha, they're not sticking to that

Although I prefer they post what is being written excepting specific name calling. I thought in the end they presented a fair example of the view of posters from both sides. And that both the authors replied very professionally and in the end won over some critics.

Was hoping the book reviewer would explain why he ended up taking off half a point but interesting he is following you on twitter, not sure what to make off that
He replied to Patrick in an email:-

"Unfortunately it seems the rating was downgraded from 4 (my own personal view) to 3.5 (which is more in accordance with our fairly strict system) after publication; ideally, we would have sorted this out before putting the review up."

archie mac

International Coach
He replied to Patrick in an email:-

"Unfortunately it seems the rating was downgraded from 4 (my own personal view) to 3.5 (which is more in accordance with our fairly strict system) after publication; ideally, we would have sorted this out before putting the review up."
Nice of him to send an explanation but surely if he's doing the review he should give the rating? I wonder if the people who down graded the score actually read the book

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, great review Sean, my Dad was particularly impressed by the quality of your writing. Would you like to be involved in the Master Baiting project? It requires two hands.
Thanks gents, much appreciated. I loved it and enjoyed writing the review - though next time I'll knock a star off out of jealousy if I'm not asked to contribute to the book itself. :p

So yes, count me in for Master Baiting. :ph34r:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice of him to send an explanation but surely if he's doing the review he should give the rating? I wonder if the people who down graded the score actually read the book
Of course they haven't. But then, neither have all the muppets crying racism so I guess at least it's consistent.