• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best international team in 2013

best international team in 2013

• India

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Australia

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • South Africa

• New Zealand

• England

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Sri Lanka

• West Indies

• Zimbabwe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bangladesh

• Kenya

• Scotland

• Namibia

• Nepal

• Any Other :D

• Total voters

amits

Banned
after 10 years from now on, which team u expect to be the best in cricket ?

aussie dominance will fall after 4 consecutive test series losses to ind(h), sl(a), ind(a) and pak(h) and wont recover from that to be no.1. aus might be 3/4 or something.

i expect india to be at the top as v have the best youngsters. followed by pak, sl, aus, eng

i expect the votes to be for the top 9 teams. anybody who votes for teams like BD/Ken/Sco, etc needs to get his heads checked.

Last edited:

Eclipse

International Debutant
India look like they will be strong but for me it's to far away to say.

I expect Australia to remain in the top 3 for quite along time because we have the best domestic structure and talent identification systems.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well 2013 is so far away that I don't see why any of the Test playing teams listed can't be the best by then. As such, I voted for the West Indies (surely we'll win overseas by that time :P)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
2013 is so far away that even Bangladesh could be the best by then.
Any guess is a guess without any real evidence.

iamdavid

International Debutant
10 years is just to far away , anything could happen between now & then , I dont think England will be on top as there is quite simply not the enthusiasm for the game over there that there was 30 years ago.

i expect india to be at the top as v have the best youngsters. followed by pak, sl, aus, eng
No you expect India to be at the top as you are Indian & incredibly biased to all things Indian :P

krkode

State Captain
As winners of the U-19 world cup, I've always been of the opinion that Indian cricket is once again on the rise to glory... :D

Thus is my selection.

Plus, the men's fitness and training has taken a radical turn since the reign of John Wright and even if he doesn't continue till then, I believe he has started something good. Something that will make Indian players more formidable in the future.

And remember, 10 years is a long time. A lot can happen. Think West Indies...

Eclipse

International Debutant
krkode said:
As winners of the U-19 world cup, I've always been of the opinion that Indian cricket is once again on the rise to glory... :D
But Australia won the last U-19 world cup.

India won the one before that one though.

krkode

State Captain
Eclipse said:

Oh, obviously I haven't been paying attention. :O

Then Australia will be the best team in 2017 :P

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
the WI for mine, look at the ages of their senior team, there are alot of young players there, Australia will still be pretty strong i think and India will probably be strong also.

1 WI
2 Aus
3 Ind

V Reddy

International Debutant
age_master said:
the WI for mine, look at the ages of their senior team, there are alot of young players there, Australia will still be pretty strong i think and India will probably be strong also.

1 WI
2 Aus
3 Ind
The present team doesn't mean that they will be strong in 2013. Every year one or two very talented players keep coming up in every country . India has had a top junior team for a long time but that didn't result in a top senior team.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
I think the Aussis will go into decline for one year, but in 2013 be back to their brilliant best!:)

(Im serious)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Eclipse said:

The Under 19 World Cup means absolutely nothing!

England won it 5 or 6 years back, and most of that squad aren't even in Cricket any more!

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think Australia will be at the top then (after a dip a year from now)..

They just need to find guys to replace McGrath, Gillespie and Warne.. They seem to be churning out batsmen at an amazing rate..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
They seem to be churning out batsmen at an amazing rate..
Do they?

They've yet to produce one for Test Matches, so we cannot really say how good these batsmen are.