• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best international team in 2013

best international team in 2013

• India

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Australia

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • South Africa

• New Zealand

• England

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Sri Lanka

• West Indies

• Zimbabwe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bangladesh

• Kenya

• Scotland

• Namibia

• Nepal

• Any Other :D

• Total voters

shankar

International Debutant
The strength of an team does oscillate with time...but australia's slump,when it comes, wont be as bad as WI's since they have an excellent sporting infrastructure in place and they're so far ahead of the rest.(They have a throwing coach!! )

Eclipse

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
The Under 19 World Cup means absolutely nothing!

England won it 5 or 6 years back, and most of that squad aren't even in Cricket any more!
This comment should be directed toward's krkode not me.

I was just pointing out an error to him he was the one who said
"As winners of the U-19 world cup, I've always been of the opinion that Indian cricket is once again on the rise to glory... "

Craig

World Traveller
To hard to say. Who knows Lara might still be playing and have 16,854 Test runs.

Then again Ravi Rampaul might 298 Test wickets and Fidel Edward 378 Test wickets. And mighty AA could have one good record with the bat (!) and ball.

MZ_RPFC

Cricket Spectator
Im thinking Australia.

There always right up there and we keep getting such good young players. India in my opinion also will be up there like Australia. Could be somewhat like it is now in 10 years.

krkode

State Captain
marc71178 said:
The Under 19 World Cup means absolutely nothing!

England won it 5 or 6 years back, and most of that squad aren't even in Cricket any more!
Nothing means nothing. [Book of Wisdoms 3:15.29]

:P

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, nothing means nothing, but U19 cricket really does mean far less than domestic matches.
Regularly you get 19-year-olds playing 17-year-olds, and at that age the age difference still makes a huge impact.

i did vote for india.

we have the best youngsters in the game. more than half of our site isnt even 25

yuvraj, kaif, harbhajan, irfan, gambhir, parthiv, ratra, munaf, mishra, sarandeep, etc r all still young and under 25

all these will be great players in future.

in 2013, the indian team will be like -

gambhir
rayudu
sehwag (c)
yuvraj
kaif
uthappa
parthiv/ratra
irfan
munaf
harbhajan
mishra

V Reddy

International Debutant
the_indian_fan said:
i did vote for india.

we have the best youngsters in the game. more than half of our site isnt even 25

yuvraj, kaif, harbhajan, irfan, gambhir, parthiv, ratra, munaf, mishra, sarandeep, etc r all still young and under 25

all these will be great players in future.

in 2013, the indian team will be like -

gambhir
rayudu
sehwag (c)
yuvraj
kaif
uthappa
parthiv/ratra
irfan
munaf
harbhajan
mishra
They are good players but not great. Other countries maybe having good players too but as we don't know much about other's players, we think we are the best. I really don't give a damn to performances in junior cricket. What makes you think doing well in Junior cricket will result in success in senior cricket too. The other countries don't have strong junior players and you don't even hear most of their names after they have completed playing age level cricket. So playing well against those teams doesn't mean they will succeed in Ranji Cricket leave alone International Cricket.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Windies in 10 years...

CH Gayle
DS Smith/S Ganga
RR Sarwan (C)
S Chanderpaul in his final year/NO Deonarine
MN Samuels/DJJ Bravo
OAC Banks
CS Baugh or D Ramdin +
Wildcard - possible D Mohammed
R Rampaul
CD Collymore
FH Edwards
JE Taylor/JJC Lawson/ JP Bennett

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
the_indian_fan said:
Which side would that be?

A grand total of 2 of the side playing today are under 25.

Langeveldt

Soutie
SA in ten years time! Looking good 8D

1. GC Smith (cpt)
2. HH Gibbs
3. J Rudolph
4. JH Kallis (batsman only)
5. JP Duminy
6. VB Van Jaarsveld
7. E Nkwe
8. T Tsolekile (wk)
9. A Nel/Q Friend/D Pretorius
10. M Ntini
11. M Ngam

Also around..
PR Adams, ND McKenzie, HH Dippenaar

Cloete

International Captain
well i went purely on youth and domestic system. and overall it has to be Australia. We have the best domestic system and our youth system is top class. there's alot of youngsters around now and there's going to be even more coming through.

However i do see England and SA challenging. As both are looking pretty good to teh future. But let's just hope SA's "coloured" player policy and politics doesn't get the better of them.

India will always have alot of talented players, but i'm not sure how well they'll be able to do without a decent youth system.

W.I is alot like India, but I see things a bit brighter for them because alot of work is being done on youth. Already we're seeing great performances from their very young senior team.

Pakistan again is like India but in a worse state, not only is there a serious lack of youth facilities but their domestic structure leaves alot to be desired.

New Zealand is a difficult one. With such a small population and so many players lost to rugby things may be difficult. The facilities are there but I'm not sure how effective they will be. A couple of poor performances in future Rugby events (fingers crossed) might just provide some more numbers needed to becoem more competitive.

Zimbabwe are in an horrific state. Get Mugabe out and watch the team get better and better IMO. I think they have a chance to be one of the good sort of middle of the table teams. But they also manage to produce such spirited performances they may just take down the likes of Aus and SA on occasions. Their bowling looks the goods with just about all of them being young. Taibu looks to be a great leader for mine as well. A solid keeper and a real fighter as a batsman. Thei only trouble is their batsman are getting old, and the like of Matsikinyeri aren't going to cut it in international cricket. But things will only get better when (Fingers cross here as well) Mugabe goes.

Kenya look the best out of minnow teams and if the ICC manage to set up a good domestic and youth structure i'm sure they'll go from strength to strength.

Bangladesh, like Kenya, need alot of investment into a proper youth and domestic structure. But with so much support for cricket maybe things might get better?

I also see cricket becoming more and more popular. And in 2013 I don't see any clear cut favouries. Australia look to be the best but it's not much of a margin. England and SA would be constantly nipping at their heels. And I could see ALOT of upsets. Leaving it more and more open. Just my thoughts anyway......

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
For the second time, 10 years is far too long to be predicting with any remote certainty.
Heroes can become zeroes in a matter of a couple of years. Seemingly precocious talents disappear like the light out.
Nothing can really be judged by the quality of youth systems as that can all change in a matter of a year or two. Good players can appear out of nowhere.
Two years is difficult enough - who'd have said 2 years ago that Australia would be struggling with useless bowling. People were denying that up to the start of this series. Ten years is almost impossible.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Well I agree that 10 years is far to long.

I'll take a very , very long shot at 5 (please dont critisise me for having a few guys who are no where near the test side , these are just the guys I see a bit of potential in) -

1.Hayden
2.Greg Mail / Nick Kruger / Michael Dighton / maybe Hussey but I doubt it
3.Ponting (C)
4.Katich
5.Clarke
6.Love / North / Marsh / Watson / Hussey jnr / Cosgrove / Jaques
7.Ronchi / Haddin / Manou
8.Cam White / Xavier Doherty / Beau Casson
9. Shaun Tait / Brett Lee
10.Gillespie
11.Paul Rofe / Matt Inness / Michael Clark

Craig

World Traveller
Ronchi would become the 4th Kiwi to play Test cricket for Australia.

I doubt Hayden and Gillespie will be there. Hayden will be 42!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
iamdavid said:
Well I agree that 10 years is far to long.

I'll take a very , very long shot at 5 (please dont critisise me for having a few guys who are no where near the test side , these are just the guys I see a bit of potential in) -

1.Hayden
2.Greg Mail / Nick Kruger / Michael Dighton / maybe Hussey but I doubt it
3.Ponting (C)
4.Katich
5.Clarke
6.Love / North / Marsh / Watson / Hussey jnr / Cosgrove / Jaques
7.Ronchi / Haddin / Manou
8.Cam White / Xavier Doherty / Beau Casson
9. Shaun Tait / Brett Lee
10.Gillespie
11.Paul Rofe / Matt Inness / Michael Clark
Confusing, 2 Michael Clarkes!