• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most favourite innings of Sachin Tendulkar

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
What do you think is his best knock from your POV?

My favourite is the 143 against Australia in Sharjah. Coupled with the awesome commentary, my emotions just went over the roof while watching that match and I can never forget it..

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Top 3:

143 vs Aus in Sharjah
136 vs Pak in Chennai
175 Vs Aus in Hyderabad

WC 2003, 98 vs Pak was special too.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think his hundred in perth on his first tour here.

The boy stood in the burning deck, and all that.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
90 vs Australia in 1996 world cup. The only innings you need to see to know how magnificent he was in a terrible Indian team.

OverratedSanity

Favorite in tests:

155 vs Australia. The way he tore into Warne that day was a sight to behold. One of the many examples of him taking on the opposition at a time when the game was hanging in the balance. It was one of the first games I ever saw live at a stadium. There was one six he hit off Warne that I'll always remember. Warne bowled it way outside leg stump and I thought he's just going to pad this one away.... It seemed Tendulkar was about to do that but then halfway through he seemed to change his mind and thought "**** that, I'm smashing this" and clobbered it for six miles over mid wicket. I was just awestruck

Favorite in ODIs:
98 vs Pakistan in the world cup. No bigger match for us than a WC match against the neighbours. In terms of pure adrenalin, no innings by anyone ever has come close to this for me. Every single boundary was struck so supremely it amazes me even today. Difficult to pick one, but I think this backfoot punch off Akram may be the single most perfect shot I've ever seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcCQ...8qM-s2pZDLSLshslQ&sig2=fR54G-p6c2yvSl7Y01qdpw

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
and I will never forget Abdur Razzaq spilling his catch off Akram in this innings. Still rankles to this day :@

karan316

State Vice-Captain
1st ODI: West Indies v India at Port of Spain, Apr 26, 1997 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

This one is my favorite ODI innings.. Though he didn't get a century or 50 but it looked as if its a flat wicket when he was batting although the ball was moving around a lot on a spicy pitch. Once he got out, the rest were just looking for cover from the WI fast bowlers. Just take a look at the strike rates as well, out of all the top 7 batsmen, Sachin's strike rate was 102, the rest couldn't even cross 40.

OverratedSanity

Edgbaston 96 when he got 122 out of a score of 219 on a dodgy track. That was pure class.
That was amazing. He was the lone man standing on so many occasions in the 90s that it's easy to forget he had a crap batting lineup with little support overseas, for quite a few years.

The 111 he made in 1992 against Donald was another one of those lone efforts... All class at such a young age... Better than the Perth hundred imo

VKN payyans

Banned
many
98 Diana memorial oneday match century against Mcgrath , Donald and Kumble
sharja twin centuries
99 Pak V Ind 136
........so on

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
1st ODI: West Indies v India at Port of Spain, Apr 26, 1997 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

This one is my favorite ODI innings.. Though he didn't get a century or 50 but it looked as if its a flat wicket when he was batting although the ball was moving around a lot on a spicy pitch. Once he got out, the rest were just looking for cover from the WI fast bowlers. Just take a look at the strike rates as well, out of all the top 7 batsmen, Sachin's strike rate was 102, the rest couldn't even cross 40.
Good call. Remember watching this knock. 10 boundaries in that short innings against Ambrose/Walsh/Bishop on a mating pitch.