• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most favourite innings of Sachin Tendulkar

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
many
98 Diana memorial oneday match century against Mcgrath , Donald and Kumble
Great choice... That was a magnificent innings.

Also wanted to add his 76 and 65 at Mumbai 2001 vs Australia. Lone man in the sinking ship once again. And if you love his straight drive, the first innings 76 is a real treat.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DnfI_x0TdNVM&cd=2&ved=0CCsQtwIwAQ&usg=AFQjCNEl8flKlg2Ts7CKmvG6U2wpL09omw&sig2=IvEfw9tWNzVJebV4Ei5lnA[/video]

Dear me, his drives back then were just brutal

coolkuna

Cricket Spectator
1st ODI: West Indies v India at Port of Spain, Apr 26, 1997 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

This one is my favorite ODI innings.. Though he didn't get a century or 50 but it looked as if its a flat wicket when he was batting although the ball was moving around a lot on a spicy pitch. Once he got out, the rest were just looking for cover from the WI fast bowlers. Just take a look at the strike rates as well, out of all the top 7 batsmen, Sachin's strike rate was 102, the rest couldn't even cross 40.
This was a fantastic innings. Umpire did him (he was given a wrong decision). His 90 against Aus in 1996 was up there as well. That front-foot hook shot of McGrath was simply out of the world. His hundred against England in Edgbaston in 1996 was a great innings as well.

Firefighter

Banned
Yeah it was a great knock. What was your favourite shot? His first on drive was pretty ***y so that was probably mine.
Yeah he really brought the mighty Windies to their knees on another Indian road, well done Turdducker.

My favourite shot would have to be the one that he got out on of course. :afro:

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Has to be one of his many epic counter-attacking ODI innings. There's just too many to make a proper decision. From the recent past though, I'd go with 175 against Aus in Hyderabad. (his 160 odd in Chirstchurch wasn't too shabby either)

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
One of my favorites is his 89* against Pakistan in Toronto in 1996. Its the first time I really took notice of Tendulkar as he was casually bashing Wasim and Waqar, prior to that I thought he was a tad overrated and a bit defensive. Hidden gem of a knock:

Tendulkar's 89 Runs vs Pak at Toronto (Sahara cup) in year 1996 - YouTube
I knew about this innings but hadn't seen it before (these games used to be very late India time). Indeed some amazing strokes against 2 WS.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Haha. Funny how people expect to get away with calling any Indian pitch a road. And they do almost get away too!

Edit: in reply to Jono's post.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I agree, his restraint to not play the cover drive was monumental. Superb innings.
Its quite funny how that innings polarises people. Some people found it boring as it didn't involve his usual awesome strokeplay, others found it an amazing display of patience and discipline.