• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What will you miss the most about Sachin?

thread

• STROKES

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • TEMPERAMENT

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • PERSONALITY

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

Riggins

International Captain
definitely his tamperament. even though he was charged in 2001 i still think he was innosent.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I believe he holds the record for the highest rate of infractions per CW thread mentioning his name in the title as any cricketer in the history of the game - will doubtless be a grievous loss to him to have to hand that record over to Virat Kohli

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
A sportsman of another time, will miss his air of dignity and politeness.

Now I can't see the poll options as I'm browsing the mobile site but I believe personality was an option on the TV so ill have that

harsh.ag

The ease with which you could strike up a conversation with anyone, anywhere in India by talking about a match he was recently involved in. Small talk-legend.

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I loved the chip he did for a boundary off a spinner at the very last second before the ball went to the keeper. He totally cut it off in his second coming as a risk averse player..

grecian

I don't know, it's an hard thing to say, so much to admire. His strokes were never my faves though. It's just a package though, in the end longevity combined with skills combined with an incredible temperament which makes you feel humble.

The guy is a god, yet he's never let it effect his humility. I have to say I feel these tests have been a bit hollow, but I really wanted him to score a ton.

I'm old in my forties, but if I had to name my greatest sportsmen I have seen Sachin is up there, dignity, talent, longevity and perseverance, what a ****ing guy.

salman85

International Debutant
More than his skill or a personality trait, it's his presence that i'll miss most.

Never been a diehard fan of the guy.But Tendulkar not being around in International Cricket is going to be very odd for me.I starting following the game in the 1990s, and he's the only player from that time who is still playing.So yes,cricket without Tendulkar is going to be weird for a while.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Will miss his humility and the excitement he brought to the Indian cricket watching experience. Still remember that century against England in Chennai. After that win he shook hands with all the groundspeople without the smile leaving his face. Was such a great moment.