• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Interesting Comments by Kumble

subshakerz

International Coach
India Cricket News: Wear power lightly, Anil Kumble asks BCCI | ESPN Cricinfo
India Cricket News: Kumble: 'Important to demonstrate leadership with responsibility' | ESPN Cricinfo

I think he is being quite politic in his language, but his main point IMO is spot on. BCCI should take the more moderate approach that Kumble speaks about for cricket's better interests. I think the Board's over emphasis on the shorter formats has stolen the thunder from test cricket. IPL and all is good for revenue generation, but in the long term we dont know the costs it will have on test cricket. I think his suggestion of different schedules for different formats is interesting, perhaps it could be a way to boost the profile of test cricket.

I do disagree with his assessment of the quality of cricket nowadays. I feel there has been a definite downgrading in terms of quality per team, so while there is more competitiveness between teams, the quality of the game on display itself is not that great (the main cause being a degradation in the quality of pace bowling worldwide, meaning batsmen are rarely properly tested).

Thoughts?

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Wonder if the BCCI will take a moderate approach to the punishment handed to Kumble for speaking out as well. Don't **** with the machine.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
It's going to take the player-gods to put the bcci mafia in check. At least Kumble isn't being passive and just enjoying a nice bcci check