• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin Or Ponting?

Sachin or Ponting?

• Sachin

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Ponting

Votes: 17 43.6%

• Total voters

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
This is not a relevant comparison at all. The real comparison to Tendulkar in this era can only be to Lara. That's it, they are the pre-eminent batsmen of their generation, all-time greats and would walk into most all-time XIs. Ponting while he is in the form of his life has quite a way to go to catch up with these two and I very much doubt whether he ever will. The same applies for even Dravid, Hayden, Vaughan, Gibbs, Kallis, Smith and other excellent batsmen of today. I agree that everyone has a right to their opinion, but IMO, this poll has no meaning.

Craig

World Traveller
I guess the big Test for Ponting will be to continue his form when he gets the Test captaincy. He may take some time to adjust.