• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I want to attempt a world record

Langeveldt

Soutie
Haha, I'm not sure I will find any girls like that in Somerset :)

The Aussie guy is not attempting his record, he says there is a 48 hour attempt going on in January, which I find difficult to believe, unless the guy is an ultra marathon runner or something..

I am chatting to him on Facebook and my old school sound keen to be on board which is nice.. I'd like to do it there really as they did a lot for me cricket-wise.

I think I will go for 24 hours, but see if I can keep the hall for longer, and I will carry on batting if I can.. I aim to beat the 26 hour record but it sort of depends on whether that record is broken by the time I do this next UK summer.

So Guiness world records are satisfied with people just telling them that I finished the record? Sounds unlikely to me, but that would be nice and convenient if it was the case

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, I'm not sure I will find any girls like that in Somerset :)

The Aussie guy is not attempting his record, he says there is a 48 hour attempt going on in January, which I find difficult to believe, unless the guy is an ultra marathon runner or something..

I am chatting to him on Facebook and my old school sound keen to be on board which is nice.. I'd like to do it there really as they did a lot for me cricket-wise.

I think I will go for 24 hours, but see if I can keep the hall for longer, and I will carry on batting if I can.. I aim to beat the 26 hour record but it sort of depends on whether that record is broken by the time I do this next UK summer.

So Guiness world records are satisfied with people just telling them that I finished the record? Sounds unlikely to me, but that would be nice and convenient if it was the case
Here you go
How to Apply for a Guinness World Record: 8 Steps (with Pictures)

Langeveldt

Soutie
I have applied to Guiness for the world record attempt.. That will take a few weeks to process no doubt..

I see there are two blokes netting for 48 hours in January in the UK.. I assume mine will go through as a record seeing as it is just me.

Need to drum up as much support as possible, I have a date and a time finalized now.. Please join the Facebook group here, I think it is public

http://www.facebook.com/events/127959410707623/

King's College is fairly easy to find, Junction 25 off the M5 in Somerset, and a few roundabouts but I will give details nearer the time..

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Great cause mate, all the best.

I wonder how many times you'll get out in a 27 hour period? Surely your concentration levels will change significantly throughout the event. It sounds obvious, but I would make sure you take lots of extra equipment with you, extra gloves, pads, bats, T-Shirts etc. Also I would go for a slightly lighter bat than usual and just make sure you have a good amount of fluids.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Great cause mate, all the best.

I wonder how many times you'll get out in a 27 hour period? Surely your concentration levels will change significantly throughout the event. It sounds obvious, but I would make sure you take lots of extra equipment with you, extra gloves, pads, bats, T-Shirts etc. Also I would go for a slightly lighter bat than usual and just make sure you have a good amount of fluids.
I'm also curious.. To be honest I want the practice and want to combine it with a good cause.. None of my friends play cricket and I always end up in the northern hemisphere during the winter and the southern hemisphere during the winter.. For a guy who likes batting long, it's a bit of a running joke how little I bat now.. Apparently the guy whose record I'm trying to beat went fifteen hours before he was bowled, so I am going to go for that, but I highly doubt I will get anywhere near..

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't forget to bring spare sets of padding and boxes that have proper ventilation :p

Good luck with it.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah someone else bumped that old Windies thread in which I found the original "do we really need a strong West Indies" post. From there I went to his profile to find out just how many of the threads he had created and came across this thread as a result.

He made 3 of those threads ftr

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah someone else bumped that old Windies thread in which I found the original "do we really need a strong West Indies" post. From there I went to his profile to find out just how many of the threads he had created and came across this thread as a result.

He made 3 of those threads ftr
We already knew that remember