• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SRT - How many runs left?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Meh, you guys are being ****s, IMHO. This is an incredible cricketer who has been a ****ing institution in cricket for ****ing decades. Yes the series might be one long ****-a-thon, but FFS if anyone deserves it he does, hold in the spite and vinegar for the Ashes series, it's just churlish to put it in here.

Ignore it if it annoys you too much. He's retired because he realises he can't perform like he did, and probably realises the selectors couldn't drop him, maybe he should have done it earlier, but maybe he just cares about playing for India, let's hate the **** for that, eh?

Try to show as much dignity as the bloke himself, might make this thread seem less cringe-worthy than any Indian deification.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tbf there is a proper retirement thread knocking about isn't there? This ones been a pissabout from the start. I mean, Jono has posted in it FFs

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nothing is more hilarious on CW than when Sledger tries to talk about cricket.

watson

Banned
Every society needs a hero, so no problem with the hero worship. So if lounge rooms look like an overturned Mr Whippy van then that's pretty good I reckon.

Also, from Tendulkar's point of view his retirement was at the right time because he got to crack the 200 Test mark. And why not, as it's an important landmark?

However, there is still something not quite right about watching a great batsman or bowler play-on when they are obviously a shadow of their former self. It's kind of depressing. It would be nice if great cricketers bowed out gracefully while they were still great so we wouldn't have to forget that last bit of their career because it's not really them.

grecian

TBH Gimp I don't get it, why need a knockabout thread, would you have loved a knock-about thread abot Flintoff when he retired. Also Sledgers post was the biggest I've ever seen him do, even bigger than his Aaron Ramsey is rubbish material. It was proper **** too.

What the **** is the point, what the **** are you trying to achieve, start taking the piss in a months time.

This is a guy who has been an entire sub-continents hero for a quarter of a century, to minimise that by saying "some Indians" is ****ing pathetic, the man will rightly be worshipped.

Look occasionally I think you people may drag yourself into dire posting territory from peer-pressure, but just shut up and realise this is ****ing something incredible for a week or so, you may not live through a cricketing moment that means more to more people in your miserable whiny lives.

ps Jono is a **** though, and I worry about him stalking me. I've changed all my passwords and hidden all my bikini pictures.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
ZALTZ STATS. ANDY ZALTZMAN GETS ALL NUMERICAL ON TENDULKAR.

ODI runs scored by Tendulkar in 1998, the record ODI total by a batsman in a year. In his 33 ODI innings, he scored nine centuries (also a record), averaged 65.3, and had a strike rate of 102. The next most ODI runs scored in a year with a strike rate of more than a run a ball is Jayasuriya's 1178 off 1037 balls, in 1997. The rest of the Indian top four in 1998 ODIs averaged 37.8, with a strike rate of 70.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The most runs scored by Tendulkar in a Test series (in Australia, in 2007-08). This is only the ninth highest series aggregate by an Indian during his career span. Dravid (three times), Laxman (twice), Manjrekar, Sehwag and Ganguly have all recorded higher series aggregates. Also: the number of tracer bullets fired by Ravi Shastri at a boundary rope in a disused quarry during empirical research for his commentary catchphrases.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The number of international hundreds hit by Tendulkar in the seven years between January 1996 and December 2002 (23 in Tests, 29 in ODIs). The next most hundreds scored by a player in that time was 28, by Sourav Ganguly. Also: the number of Tests played by Don Bradman in his 20-year Australia career; the age of record-breakingly old Test cricketer Wilfred Rhodes when he played his final match for England in 1930; the number of fake beards WG Grace owned in case one of his team-mates shaved his trademark megawhiskers off as a prank.

The runs scored by Tendulkar in his maiden hundred for India, an unbeaten Manchester match-saver in 1990. Also: his place in the chart of Most International Wickets Taken. His 200 wickets (45 in Tests, 154 in ODIs and one in his solitary T20 international) put him two scalps ahead of 120th-placed Ashley Giles, widely regarded by leading cricketicians and social historians as "The English Tendulkar".

The number of runs in boundaries that Tendulkar has scored for India - 4062 fours and 264 sixes. (It might, in fact, be 17836. Or 17840. The scorecard for a Test innings of 11 in 92 minutes against Sri Lanka in November 1990 does not record boundaries hit.) (Please do not let that informational microvoid sully your enjoyment of this stat. Or your day.) Ponting is in a distant second place in term of both fours hit (2781) and total boundary runs in all international cricket (12600).

The year in which Sachin scored Test centuries number 2 (148* in Sydney), 3 (114 in Perth) and 4 (111 in Johannesburg). Also the total combined Test wickets taken by Bob Willis, Jeff Thomson, Ian Botham, Malcolm Marshall and Shane Warne. Tendulkar has taken more ODI five-wicket hauls than all of them put together. Warne was the only one of the five to take even one five-fer in ODIs; Sachin took two.

The number of times in international cricket that Tendulkar has raised his bat to salute the crowd for a half-century (263 times), century (100 times), 150 (25 times) or a double century (8 times). Also the number of products Shah Rukh Khan personally endorses in the course of the average conversation.

Sachin was dismissed in the 90s on 27 occasions - a record ten times in Tests, an even more record 17 in ODIs. He succumbed to the nervous nineties on ten of the 61 occasions he reached 90 (16.4%, slightly below the overall Test average of 17.6%), and on 17 of 66 occasions in ODIs (25.7%, above the overall average of 21.8%).

The number of major resignations in the Czechoslovakian government within a month of Tendulkar's debut in November 1989. The Prime Minister, President and General Secretary of the famously anti-Sachin Communist Party all flounced out of office (taking the entire ruling executive with them) in protest against the 16-year-old whizzkid's selection.

Notoriously trigger-happy Spanish football club Atlético Madrid have changed their coach 34 times during Tendulkar's international career. And Silvio Berlusconi has used 34 metric tonnes of fake tan since the Little Master first represented India.

Since Sachin made his international debut, 38 new member states have joined the United Nations. Nine of them collectively make a useful mnemonic to help you remember Sachin's surname: Tajikistan... Eritrea... Namibia... Democratic-People's-Republic-Of-Korea... Uzbekistan... Lithuania... Kyrgyzstan... Azerbaijan... Republic-of-Korea. You need never forget it again.

Between January 1993 and November 2002, Tendulkar averaged a planet-leading, galaxy-topping 63.4 in 82 Tests. His nearest challengers, of the 236 players who played more than ten Tests, were Gilchrist (58.5), Steve Waugh (56.2) and Dravid (54.2).

Sachin added 8227 runs in 176 partnerships with Sourav Ganguly in ODIs - both record figures, and 8227 more runs than the little master added in his one ODI partnership with Wasim Jaffer.

There is a 45-year difference in age between the oldest man Tendulkar has played international cricket against (Zimbabwe's John Traicos, born in 1947, the same age as knackered old Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood), and the youngest (Kraigg Brathwaite of West Indies, born 1992, the same age as twerking pop starlet and wannabe basketcase Miley Cyrus).

Tendulkar has batted for 41113 minutes in Tests - that's 28 days, 13 hours, 13 minutes, or the average time Silvio Berlusconi spends thinking about *** every month. Only Dravid (30 days, 15 hours, 52 minutes) has batted for longer in Tests.

Tendulkar has played with or against 982 different international cricketers during his career for India - the equivalent of 245.5 Beatles tribute bands, or almost 82 juries, or enough to fill both houses of the Indian parliament and have 192 cricketers left over to form an anti-corruption unit. He has had 140 Indian team-mates, and faced 842 opponents.
Zaltz Stats | Farewell Tendulkar | ESPN Cricinfo

grecian

There are Grecian bikini pictures :-O

damn, now I've mentioned it, I Know you won't rest to see them, but honestly I was young, they promised me I could be a model, it was horrible, and they wanted me to pose for pics, whilst in the end I was looking for a good hard ****, but they objected to this. Damn exploitation.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
damn, now I've mentioned it, I Know you won't rest to see them, but honestly I was young, they promised me I could be a model, it was horrible, and they wanted me to pose for pics, whilst in the end I was looking for a good hard ****, but they objected to this. Damn exploitation.
It is the mankini pics he really wants.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You cannot fathom the immensity of the **** I do not give to the number of ****s you give

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sachin, when the smoke clears and the dust settles you will drink the drink of life my friend.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I never placed a guess, but I reckon he's got a double hundred due in his last game.

Esperance

U19 Cricketer
I think if we look at Sachin's respective aims throughout his career, perhaps we can say the following -

89 -92 - cement place in India side, help India win matches

92-04 - Help India win matches, become best batsman in world

04-07 - Help India win matches, prove doubters wrong that I'm finished

07-10 Help India win matches, press on with compiling statistics in wake of Lara retirement

10 - onwards - Consolidate records, bat for longer than Ponting and perhaps as long as Kallis thus ensuring they can't overtake me. Play 200 matches. Score 100 100s at all costs.

His aims have perhaps been skewed since 07. Although he still played some very, very good innings in the 2-3 years following.
Since 2010 he's been on an exercise in personality cult building.
except he top scored for india in the 2011 world cup.