• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SRT - How many runs left?

smash84

The Tiger King
He accepted an honorary membership of the upper house of the legislature offered by the congress govt.....not sure what to make of his political leanings from it

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Definitely won't score a ton, though he might scrape a 50 I suppose. Will give him 130-150 runs for the series.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Again, the comparisons with Sachin and you ring true.

Brainless fans = GIMH by the way :ph34r:
When it comes crashing down, and it hurts inside,
ya' gotta take a stand, it don't help to hide,
Well, you hurt my friends, and you hurt my pride,
I gotta be a man; I can't let it slide,
I am a real Tendulkar Fan, Fight for the runs of every man,

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Mock me all you like, I'm still right. The Sachin vanity project is crawling over the finishing line in the most undignified way imaginable. And you fools all buy into this crap.

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
Mock me all you like, I'm still right. The Sachin vanity project is crawling over the finishing line in the most undignified way imaginable. And you fools all buy into this crap.
There is an element of truth in that, yes!

I had a thought that the cricketing community was only a minute away from deciding to give Test status to a match between India and a team of Nuns, so ole Sachin can smack a few runs.

(until Sister O'Donolly had him trapped LB for 34)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Exactly, this is just a circus. It's being treated like a testimonial match, a great big arse-kissathon. It's absolutely outrageous.

Poor old Rohit Sharma, nobody gives a toss that he came in and played a good innings. It's all about a geriatric codger who still holds the mistaken belief (as do all of the cretins who buy into this nonsense) that he's as relevant today as he was back in 2002. What a farce. Shame on you all.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If the old bloke goes for SFA in the first innings of the next test, it will almost be enough for me to wish for another innings victory for the Home of Cricketing Corruption.

Imagine seeing India win 2-0 with two innings defeats of WI, but both the country and Tendulkar disappointed because for both, it's always been about him.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
His next innings might be his last judging by the WI performance in this game.

Although he may score runs in his last match (or may have scored some in this game if not for Nigel Llong), thats all besides the point because he's been awful ever since the end of the Aus tour, barring a couple of games. Hence, he will have played on 12 extra Tests.
2 vs NZ, 4 Vs Eng, 4 vs Aus, 2 Vs WI all at home. It's his selfish desire to end on any sort of "high" that has led to his downfall.

Thank God, he didn't decide to tour SA, NZ, Eng and Aus once again and retire after that. What a nightmare that would've been and all the fake praise would've been cringeworthy like it is now. It's way over the top, considering that neither Dravid nor Laxman got any of it (no proper farewell). They'd just quietly announced their retirement before India's last home season and in fact Laxman could've played on till now and would've definitely done better than Tendulkar. But thankully he realized it was time to let youngsters likes Pujara, Kohli & Rohit a go, although they are no longer youngsters anymore thanks to the prolonging of old people's careers.

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
If the old bloke goes for SFA in the first innings of the next test, it will almost be enough for me to wish for another innings victory for the Home of Cricketing Corruption.

Imagine seeing India win 2-0 with two innings defeats of WI, but both the country and Tendulkar disappointed because for both, it's always been about him.
So you could say it's perhaps the people (his fans) that have turned him into such a selfish player, who is only playing this series for the 200 Tests record.They have forgotten that cricket is a team game and there are 10 other players playing. Individual things hardly matter in fact. They are all superfluous to the team performances. Plus, a single player only makes up 9% of the team...

It's like taking more pride in Ronaldo scoring goals than Real Madrid/Portugal winning games. It's stupid.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I've often wondered about the political leanings of Sachin I have heard he is linked to the more liberal Congress party - but have always suspected he may lean to the right wing if pressed.
This is not a politics thread, but it's wrong to classify Congress as liberal. They don't really have an ideology. They might sound liberal to outsiders, but when it serves their interest they would support all kind of restrictions on free speech.