Ftr, haven't Hussey and Ponting both said Watson would be a good captain? No wonder Clarke thinks they're dickheads, who the **** would say such a thing?!
Warney talks a lot of **** in order to stay in the limelight, but sometimes just a little bit of it is true. That quote about Ponting being closer to the truth than most. No doubt there's a lot of 'they shoulda made me the Captain' but Ponting was a rubbish Captain trading on what the ATGs in his side could deliver. The 'tried to do the best he could' line is a real smack to the face.
I'M SHANE WARNE BITCH!
such a gun
And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW
Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta
Warne, what a cock. Bet he's still jealous that he himself wasn't captain of Australia. The same way he still hold petty jealousies against Steve Waugh and Gilchrist.
I have read Ponting's book and there's nothing wrong with what he wrote of Clarke. It's just a shame that the media grabbed the two negative lines and ran with it.
- Warne is an attention-seeking child. It's his THING. Part of the reason the man in the pub can identify with him.
- Warne clearly doesn't like Ponting on a personal level. And was clearly angered that Ponting was captain of Australia after Waugh (who he also hated)
- but .... in a way he is right. I always thought Ponting was a poor captain. He just managed to hit his peak as a batsman at the right time. And what a peak it was! So in a way he led by personal example - but I felt he was both a poor communicator, and an even worse tactician. In short, the best batsman in a team of great players ... but yes, poor captain. No doubt.
- Clarke may have imagination, but he's still a total c ...
My two cents
World XI Since 1990 -
1. Gooch 2. Dravid 3. Ponting 4. Tendulkar 5. Lara 6. Kallis 7. Gilchrist 8. Akram 9. Warne 10. Ambrose 11. McGrath
I really wish benchmark00 had waited until after these comments were made to get himself banned
Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?
With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left
Inspired by the critically acclaimed book 'On Warne', by Gideon Haigh, comes this year's most anticipated release, Shane Warne 'On Ponting'
Alright that's it. The new rule is you are not allowed to post in any of my threads.
Isn't this just the latest in a long line of examples of Warne attempting to keep himself relevant by using the media to take a shot at someone? I remember when Gilchrist retired, Warne wrote a tribute to him in some newspaper, which was basically just a rant about how he thought John Buchanan was ****.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)