• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warne on Ponting

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
"I've got nothing mean to say, or a bad word about Ricky," Warne said. "I know he beats himself up mercilessly about being the only captain ever in Australian history to lose three Ashes series. And I know he regrets and beats himself up about the fact that he – like Nasser Hussain – is the brunt of jokes whenever someone puts the opposition in, after that horrific decision at Edgbaston in 2005. So I don't particularly want to be mean about Ricky because he's a good guy and tried to do the best he could.

Wow. :laugh:

Ricky Ponting motivated by jealousy of Michael Clarke, says Shane Warne

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Shane with the backhand!

But really, good for Warne. Ricky and Hussey really had no business airing out what they did now while Clarke is still the captain. Wait ten years or at least until all of your teammates have retired before airing out any dirty laundry. Finally someone sticks up for Clarke.

Also, Ricky was a crap captain.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Michael Clarke and Ricky Ponting are both ****s. It's just Clarke was a selfish **** and now has to deal with the fact that the team's performance is a reflection of him - and it's probably making him less of a **** because there can't be any ego with the way the team is performing.

Warne is just a dumb ****.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought Ponting said wtte he had concerns about Clarke buying into the team ethos when he first started playing but by the time he took over the captaincy he was of the view Clarke was right as rain?

I really don't see what the problem is with that tbh, unless there's something else Ponting said which I haven't latched onto.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's like Warne thinks he is the coolest thing ever. I won't say his girl is f*cking around, but rumour has it that his **** can't satisfy her.

Nice Ashes wind-up though. Now they will definitely open with Root.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
I thought Ponting said wtte he had concerns about Clarke buying into the team ethos when he first started playing but by the time he took over the captaincy he was of the view Clarke was right as rain?

I really don't see what the problem is with that tbh, unless there's something else Ponting said which I haven't latched onto.
Yeah all Ponting's stuff was about Clarke as VC, not captain.

Spikey

OH GOOD MORE PAST 'STARS' TALKING ABOUT STUFF. CANT WAIT TO HEAR BRETT LEE'S TAKE ON THIS

a

Burgey

I really dunno why Clarke would find it all that offensive tbh. I suppose it's none too flash to ever have your commitment to team "culture" questioned, but for the bloke go say Clarke went past the reservations Ponting had about him is a compliment I would have thought.

Be like saying he thought he batted like an Indian ftb but developed to a point where he could actually play off the back foot. It's a compliment ffs

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I really dunno why Clarke would find it all that offensive tbh. I suppose it's none too flash to ever have your commitment to team "culture" questioned, but for the bloke go say Clarke went past the reservations Ponting had about him is a compliment I would have thought.

Be like saying he thought he batted like an Indian ftb but developed to a point where he could actually play off the back foot. It's a compliment ffs
I thought that too, but at the same time, why even air it? I know Ponting has to sell books, but Clarke has only just been captain and also its right smack bang in the middle of the Ashes. Timing of the comments is ****.

You can take what Warney says with a grain of salt, but Mark Taylor wasn't impressed either and I think that says something.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nevertheless Warney just gave the biggest "pretend I'm not being mean while being an absolute ****head" statement I may have ever seen.

Burgey

Nah **** that. Ponting is retired. He can say what he likes. Taylor is so saccharine in his commentary it's embarrassing. In fact, he probably should have been conflicted out of commentating when he was made a board member of CA.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ftr, haven't Hussey and Ponting both said Watson would be a good captain? No wonder Clarke thinks they're dickheads, who the **** would say such a thing?!

adub

International Captain
Warney talks a lot of **** in order to stay in the limelight, but sometimes just a little bit of it is true. That quote about Ponting being closer to the truth than most. No doubt there's a lot of 'they shoulda made me the Captain' but Ponting was a rubbish Captain trading on what the ATGs in his side could deliver. The 'tried to do the best he could' line is a real smack to the face.

I'M SHANE WARNE BITCH!