• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India 2013

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Thu Oct 31 - Sat Nov 2
03:30 GMT | 09:00 local
23:30 EDT -1d | 21:30 CST -1d | 20:30 PDT -1d Uttar Pradesh v West Indians
Jadavpur University Complex, Kolkata

Wed Nov 6 - Sun Nov 10
03:30 GMT | 09:00 local
22:30 EST -1d | 21:30 CST -1d | 19:30 PST -1d 1st Test - India v West Indies
Eden Gardens, Kolkata

Thu Nov 14 - Mon Nov 18
04:00 GMT | 09:30 local
23:00 EST -1d | 22:00 CST -1d | 20:00 PST -1d 2nd Test - India v West Indies
Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai

Thu Nov 21 1st ODI - India v West Indies
Nehru Stadium, Kochi

Sun Nov 24 2nd ODI - India v West Indies
Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, Visakhapatnam

Wed Nov 27 3rd ODI - India v West Indies
Green Park, Kanpur

I'm looking forward to seeing the great man scale another milestone in Mumbai.
Sachin? What about Sachin? I'm talking about Chanderpaul playing his 150th test :P

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Chanderpual? I thought you were talking about Deonarine...

So pleased to see this series being broadcast in Australia, big test for the likes of Veerasammy Permual and Narine or whoever else the West Indies decide to pick as spinners.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was glad Rohit Sharma was in the squad. Then I realised it coincided with ODI form :(
I may be wrong but he was in the squad at some point in the BG series as well.

That's not to say his ODI form hasn't hurt his chances of course

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
I may be wrong but he was in the squad at some point in the BG series as well.

That's not to say his ODI form hasn't hurt his chances of course
I think it was the lack of ODI form that led to him being dropped between the BG Trophy and the NZ tour of India. If Dhoni had a pair, he would have played Rohit in Australia. Rohit actually did well in the warmups and had very comparable performances to Kohli, but Kohli made the century while Rohit made two fifties

Last edited:

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
So here's one pressing question to figure out...does India give Rohit/Rahane a game in this series and rest one of the batsmen who's already booked for the SA tour? I suspect India will make the mistake of dropping Vijay after the first test for Rohit in Mumbai. Rohit's not a test opener, but this will be one more case of looking to ODIs rather than FC to make decisions on test cricket

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So here's one pressing question to figure out...does India give Rohit/Rahane a game in this series and rest one of the batsmen who's already booked for the SA tour? I suspect India will make the mistake of dropping Vijay after the first test for Rohit in Mumbai. Rohit's not a test opener, but this will be one more case of looking to ODIs rather than FC to make decisions on test cricket
Nah, if they dropped either Vijay or Dhawan, surely Pujara would open, with Rohit at 4 or 5.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
The team me!!!..and i suspect a LARGE number of my fellow WI fans would pick would be...

Powell
Gayle
Darren Bravo
Samuels
Chanderpaul
Deonarine
Ramdin (wk)
Cotterrell
Permaul
Roach
Shillingford

But..of course "captain" Sammy has to babysit these guys apparently so i suspect he'll no doubt replace Permaul in this line-up!!...Cotterrell done very well in the warm up game so it will be nice to see him make his debut!!..Shilly has been a sensation at home!!..even got a 10fer vs Australia so this series will show how far he's come over the last few years!!..if Lyon can get a 7fer in India then i see no reason why Shilly can't take wickets aswell.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'm going to love it when he's gone for a pair in both matches. It will literally be the greatest sporting moment ever.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm going to love it when he's gone for a pair in both matches. It will literally be the greatest sporting moment ever.
You and Tendulkar are similar. Gun early on, peaked and then carried on for too long and have been putting out junk for the last couple of years. Time you retire too. :ph34r:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You sure you want that? It'll just invite more Bradman comparisons.
Indian cricket fan : "Bradman got one duck in his final match. Tendulkar got two. So he's twice as good"

Now i think about it, I agree with you.
Greatest. Moment. Ever

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
You and Tendulkar are similar. Gun early on, peaked and then carried on for too long and have been putting out junk for the last couple of years. Time you retire too. :ph34r:
I've never been accused of ball tampering, at least.