• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India 2013

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What got me more than the speech or his words was everytime he looked sad and held back the tears :(

Cruxdude

International Debutant
What a farewell that was. Just loved it. Brilliant speech and a brilliant end to a great career. Love him.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Roger Federer ‏@rogerfederer

What a remarkable career @sachin_rt. Wish you the very best moving forward #ThankYouSachin

Shri

Mr. Glass
He choked back a lot of tears when he started speaking.:(

The only guy who was keeping cricket tied to the flair of the 90s.

Burgey

Genuinely didn't realise he was so religious.

Great player, but if he comes knocking on my door flogging prayer cards he'll still get short shrift.

Daemon

**** those hordes of photographers all falling over each other when he did the lap, looked so, so bad. They even climbed under the rope that was meant to held them back.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Just to digress the Sachin love-in for a second!!!..i have to apologise on behalf of caribbean cricket for the utter garbage our "team" has served up over these two tests!!..it's been beyond embarrassing and serious decisions will have to be made moving forward..questions about our domestic system are at the forefront!!..you can't only play on average six first class game per year (many of which are missing the star players because they are off playing IPL) and expect our new talent to be any good!!..you just can't. The likes of Powell and Darren Bravo have only played THREE first class matches for Trinidad and Leewards respectively over the past two or three years!!..simply not good enough.

Yet Brathwaite!!..who has played a full season for three or four years for Barbados has come on leaps and bounds and looks a totally different player to the one who made his test debut age 18 vs Pakistan!!...the pattern is clear!!..our players must start playing more FC matches and the board needs to fix the damn competition to make it more competitive.

Also our preperation for this series was worse than shambolic!!..instead of playing a warm up match in the caribbean against the A-team or high performance academy they went to florida to have a "bonding session"..it was stupid beyond belief and just shows how seriously they took things!! :@ .

Then we have the SELECTORS!!..who in their right mind leaves Narine and Rampaul at home and picks an injured, raw pacer like Cottterrell and Tino Best? who in their right mind contrives to unbalance the team time and time again just so a prat like Darren Sammy who contributes EFF ALL can play?

The good news is we can change half the team have a BETTER side!!..but we will never reach our former glories until the domestic system is revamped!!....

I saw Dominic Cork beating the "two tier" system drum again!!..i guess he didn't see England whitewashed vs Pakistan? he didn't see Australia whitewashed in India and haven't won a series in ages? i guess he didn't see Pakistan humiliated in SA? or India beaten 4-0 twice in Aus and England? but oh no!!..we lose 2-0 with a side that is clearly not the best we could have picked and "WI shouldn't be playing against big teams"..oh p/ss off!! 8-) .

morgieb

Farewell, Sachin. I may have not liked the more fanatical fans of yours, but you were a fantastic cricketer and a true gentlemen of the game. Cricket will be worse without you.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Bharat Ratna announced for Sachin!!! First sportsman to be awarded the highest civilian honour. Not sure how to feel about it. Reeks of politicians trying to take advantage of Sachin.

Last edited: