• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India 2013

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
never knew you were an Indian hater :-O
Haha I'm not at all really. As you know I do like a lot of the players individually. Dislike the BCCI for obvious reasons but my dislike of the West Indian team balance is trumping that for this game.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm actually quite scared they'll continue with Ishant + Bhuvneshwar and forget about Yadav.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if they actually picked the complete opposite to that and went with Yadav + Shami.
Haha. Actually both scenarios feel like they're more likely to occur as opposed to what I would pick (Yadav + Bhuvneshwar).
Interesting how none of these actually occurred :p

Shri

Mr. Glass
Nah... Should have flighted it more... No coincidence he's causing just a hint of trouble now that he's fighting it
You start flighting the ball when you are a bit confident and comfortable, not right from the start. Stop talking out of your ass as usual.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You start flighting the ball when you are a bit confident and comfortable, not right from the start. Stop talking out of your ass as usual.
Woah woah... What did I say? :huh:
Ashwin imo did bowl it flat for longer than necessary.

Why does everyone here talk like pricks? It's not as if I said something ridiculous

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Check Cricinfo ball-by-ball commentary to refresh your memory. He started flighting it in his third over.
I'm watching the game man, I know what happened, and tbf it was maybe one ball per over he flighted, he bowled well later but he certainly should've attacked a little more early on IMO

Shri

Mr. Glass
He bowled 4 overs of sliders, that's going a bit far
I was always instructed by my coach to use the first few overs to get my accuracy, line and length in order before trying to turn the ball as a kid. This just looks normal to me.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
I'm watching the game man, I know what happened, and tbf it was maybe one ball per over he flighted, he bowled well later but he certainly should've attacked a little more early on IMO
I am too. We're all susceptible to distorted observations though

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I was always instructed by my coach to use the first few overs to get my accuracy, line and length in order before trying to turn the ball as a kid. This just looks normal to me.
But early in the spell is a good time to take wickets as well - before the batsman settles in, if he is just facing the same flat stuff for 4 overs you're letting him off the hook IMO

Shri

Mr. Glass
But early in the spell is a good time to take wickets as well - before the batsman settles in, if he is just facing the same flat stuff for 4 overs you're letting him off the hook IMO
Obviously it is different if you are bowling to a complete spin-bunny but if the batsman looks like he can play you competently, you don't try fancy **** immediately. Maybe if you are feeling adventurous on that day and don't mind the coach cussing you and your family from the boundary for doing stupid ****.:p

Depends on your mindset at that moment really.