• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India 2013

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
That was a solid delivery, Bhuvi's bowled well this morning, both of them have in fact.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I hear ya. I mean he does. But rarely. But when he does, he gets vicious dip. I think he's trying to work on his slider and just keep the batsman under control with the new ball
Yeah I've seen him do it, he flighted the ball beautifully when Australia toured, but he seems happy to bowl flat balls that don't really turn atm. it's actually more important to try and get turn with the new ball because spinners can get extra grip off the new seam while getting extra slide off the shiny surface depending on how the ball hits the pitch, a bit disappointing for me so far

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like Bhuvneshwar has deserved a couple more. Hate to think what he'll do to us at Eden Park next year.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Yeah I've seen him do it, he flighted the ball beautifully when Australia toured, but he seems happy to bowl flat balls that don't really turn atm. it's actually more important to try and get turn with the new ball because spinners can get extra grip off the new seam while getting extra slide off the shiny surface depending on how the ball hits the pitch, a bit disappointing for me so far
It's a little disappointing, but I'm not going to go crazy. I'll never accuse Ashwin of being a dart thrower like Bhajji. I worry more about his line and length. Leg stump can be somewhat excused vs left handers. But he bowls at leg stump vs right handers too

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:laugh: @ Ishant's golf clap.

Feel so dirty here in that I'm basically supporting India so the West Indies are made to pay for their terrible team balance.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Holy crap I'm going to gag on all of these star sports ads. The ****s at willow still haven't fixed my account.

Last edited by a moderator:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
All these guys haven't played test cricket for a long time so their concentration and patience will be tested a great deal.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This seems like a pretty dire wicket. Inconsistent bounce now but I wouldn't be surprised if it flattens and batting gets easier and easier.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
All these guys haven't played test cricket for a long time so their concentration and patience will be tested a great deal.
Many of them have been playing a fair bit of domestic cricket and been going on 'A' tours recently, no excuses

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Shami does actually appear to be a pretty good bowler, seems like India are building a nice little attack here

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ashwin's actually bowling really well now, how was he earlier on in the spell?

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Ashwin has bowled pretty well today, gradually giving the ball more air, but I don't get why he likes to go over the wicket to lefties...most batsmen are not as inept as Eddie Cowan to get bowled around their legs to an offie