• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India 2013

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
thank god this is gonna start soon, I'm getting very sick of the Aus a game against England

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
ffs, barely worth watching now
The West Indies have had this thing for a little while now where they insist on picking Sammy but refuse to actually rate him as a bowler. I've got no issue with Sammy being in the team but he absolutely has to be selected as a bowler if he is; Ramdin at 6 and Sammy at 7 isn't even anywhere close to being good enough. That's at least a place too high for both of them.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh well.

Number of times Sachin Tendulkar's records will be shown on the screen in the first session

3 - Daemon

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Just saw the pitch on tv. Thinking this is gonna be one of those pitches that turns early and then plays slow and low for most of the match. Fun.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
India missing Ishant already - they need someone who can bowl dead straight and short with the new ball

Flem274*

123/5
Why no Yadav? I'm not familliar with the current pairing but Yadav was a class above his rivals for a fair while last I looked closely. Are these two simply better or has Yadav gone the way of Ishant and Zaheer?

ajdude

International Coach
India about to lose their third highest wicket taker of all time in Tendulkar, a big hole to fill

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Why no Yadav? I'm not familliar with the current pairing but Yadav was a class above his rivals for a fair while last I looked closely. Are these two simply better or has Yadav gone the way of Ishant and Zaheer?
They need to see what Shami is made of before the SA tour and Yadav bowling long spells on a flat pitch is asking for an injury. I reckon Yadav is still a lock for the XI in SA

Last edited:

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Ganguly says Kohli is the best Indian batsman in the side right now. Check Pujara's record buddy. Also, no surprise Dada talks up Shami, Bengalis gotta stick together I guess

Flem274*

123/5
They need to see what Shami is made of before the SA tour and Yadav bowling long spells on a flat pitch is asking for an injury. I reckon Yadav is still a lock for the XI in SA
Just asking for the Windies to put on 500. I've got no time for arrogant selection in tests. Either play Jadeja or Ashwin at seven or Yadav can cop it because long days in the field in test cricket are inevitable. What do India think Smith, Amla, Kallis and AB will do to them at least once in the upcoming series?

centurymaker

International Captain
Gonna take from this that the ball isn't going through gunbarrel straight then.

Seriously what are you, 13?
outfield is atrociously fast, while the pitch is your typical slow and low double-paced frustrating road, which can all be succinctly described as 'gay'

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Just asking for the Windies to put on 500. I've got no time for arrogant selection in tests. Either play Jadeja or Ashwin at seven or Yadav can cop it because long days in the field in test cricket are inevitable. What do India think Smith, Amla, Kallis and AB will do to them at least once in the upcoming series?
Yadav spent plenty of time in the field and bowling on the Aus tour, he would be fine IMO, as you say, should've been picked

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
And if they play Yadav and BK in both of these tests and someone breaks down before or during the SA tour, then what? They need to see what their depth will look like. This is a good time to figure it out. Yadav can play the next test.

Also, can't Sachin fans come up with more creative chants than "Sachiiiiiin...Sach-in"