• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India 2013

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
I don't know about that, a lot of people just wanted him to be axed from the ODI side at a point where he really deserved it. Not many said much about a test berth from what I read in articles and whatnot, while on CW, the general consensus was he deserved a go in the side despite his poor ODI performances.
A lot of commentators who don't do their hw seem to think that ODI performance is the best predictor of test performance. There's also that twitter account that's the equivalent to the FOX News of the cricket-twitter universe known as altcricket.

But yes, you CW folk are far more enlightened

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
This is a disgrace. What on earth are WI thinking playing 5 batsman. First of all we all know WI are no #6. they got their by beating Zimbabwe and BD. As far Sammy WI will NEVER be competitive as long as he plays. Ramdin as well is a total joke. I cant believe he is still in the team. he has never ever deserved to play for WI. I am fuming! How much more disappointment can one take. Sammy needs to go and be replaced by Kirk Edwards and Ramdin has to go also. WI needs to find a batsman and train him to be a keeper. Every team in world cricket except New Zealand have wicketkeepers who are genuine batsman. WI seems to not realize how much of a competitive edge they lose when they basically have 5 batsman and 6 tailenders. How can you possibly think thats a reasonable team composition!!!!

But all of the English journos rate Sammy as a captain! That means he must be good.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was probably one of the worst reverse sweeps ever played in international cricket

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
The amazing aspect is that they are scoring at a reasonable clip without actually taking any real risks, Ashwin's played a few reverse sweeps but otherwise they've just played standard test cricket shots.

Rohit looking good for the double.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
that was a pretty bad leave Rohit lol... well played though.

Okay not as bad as I thought, definitely missing.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Terrific innings from Rohit. On a pitch that has had demons in it all three days. Couldn't have asked for a better start

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking forward to Bhuv and Ashwin bringing us unscathed to 444.

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope the umpires remain this aggressive when it's India's turn to bowl. They have made brave calls so far.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
3rd highest 7th wicket stand ever in tests. If they had stuck around for one more session, they would have broken the record.

Shri

Mr. Glass
If the target is very small for India to chase in the 4th innings, say 10 runs, will Sachin open the batting?

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Geez Bhuvi's technique is pretty solid as well, lovely to see some of our bowlers contribute runs, something we lacked for the longest time in test cricket.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Jadeja, Ashwin, bhuvi, Zak and Umesh/Shami would be my attack in SA.

If this is out then India might as well just declare and have a few overs at Windies before lunch