• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India 2013

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pujara, Rohit and Rahane all have a chance of becoming test batsmen than Kohli. But I hope he works to understand his strengths, which basically lie in shot-making.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
agreed. I used to love listening to him in the 90s. He certainly has a voice for radio.
90s ok, that's a lot more fair than 3 years ago. Shastri has been obnoxious for about 15 years now. I actually think he might have a good cricketing brain, too bad his bias and alphadog mentality override all else

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You must only have been an avid cricket fan for 3 years then.
No, he really was quite an aberration (for Indian commentators) in the 90s, and early noughties. Mostly gave good insight, and didn't use hyperbole or the manufactured lines he uses now.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Kohli prefers playing against quick bowlers rather than spinners and where the ball comes onto the bat rather than in Indian conditions, a bit like Tendulkar in a sense, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up having a better record overseas than at home.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Pujara, Rohit and Rahane all have a chance of becoming test batsmen than Kohli. But I hope he works to understand his strengths, which basically lie in shot-making.
I can't understand how Rahane doesn't get a game as opener.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Are these English Sky Sports analysts subject to the BCCI or is that only the Star Sports employees?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
If Rahane were to get a game, he should be at number 4, with Pujara opening and Kohli in at number 3.
Ah ok. Well I suppose it's a bit like the Root situation except opposite.

I wouldn't be moving Pujara for anyone. Chuck Rahane in at 4 after Sachin goes.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
I think Kohli prefers playing against quick bowlers rather than spinners and where the ball comes onto the bat rather than in Indian conditions, a bit like Tendulkar in a sense, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up having a better record overseas than at home.
I think Kohli likes true bounce and flat pitches so that he can play shots off of every ball.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
I've seen him bat a couple of times and certainly prefer him over Vijay, and probably Dhawan too.
Vijay is just bad versus anything that's above 138ks. I'd rather play Pujara at the top of the order; he has shown he's up for it. Rahane is also quite keen to only play in the middle order. Word is he passed up on replacing Gambhir's spot to wait for a slot in the middle order to open up