• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India 2013

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
I haven't heard too much of that, but after a few weeks of listening to Danny Morrison, and now Harsha Bogle and Ravi Shastri...jfc.

At least Ganguly seems to have a brain and talk about the cricket in coherent sentences.
That's true. Him and Dravid are geniuses compared to nearly all other Indian commentators.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Love watching Dhoni bat, it's just a bit unfortunate that he bats so low on these pitches, I'd rather have our players look to play aggressively and get out rather than defend and get out on this pitch.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
LOL i really cannot believe what is going on here!! :D ..what a morning session for us!!..when Shilly made his debut i asked "could he be another swann?" i.e a late bloomer? well today he's really showed what a class act he is!!..i can just imagine what it would be like if Narine was there with him? :ph34r: (sigh)

What this has shown though is that the England series is the blueprint!!..India aren't as great against spin as the notions suggests. Also i have to laugh at Sammy bringing himself on whilst we're on top!!..HOW TYPICAL!! :laugh: .

Wanna see what Permaul can do now in partnership with Shilly!!..Sammy wasting overs while we have them on the ropes right now!! :@ .

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
In the eyes of the commies, Kohli can do no wrong. Still wondering how everyone rates him so highly as a test batsman. He has very limited FC experience
He's played some excellent innings' in Aus, plus he made good centuries at home against both England and Australia under pressure (moreso the eng one)

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Also i have to laugh at Sammy bringing himself on whilst we're on top!!..HOW TYPICAL!! :laugh: .
a) Someone to keep it tight while Shillingford takes wickets (and lets face it, Cottrell wasn't bowling well)
b) keeping Best fresh until the ball really starts reversing big.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
scoring runs in Australia gets you very high ratings on this forum.
On a road at the Adelaide Oval...woohoo! The 75 at perth was the only encouraging innings, he plays a lot of dumb, casual shots in test cricket. But no one calls him out because they've built a myth around him

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
LOL i really cannot believe what is going on here!! :D ..what a morning session for us!!..when Shilly made his debut i asked "could he be another swann?" i.e a late bloomer? well today he's really showed what a class act he is!!..i can just imagine what it would be like if Narine was there with him? :ph34r: (sigh)

What this has shown though is that the England series is the blueprint!!..India aren't as great against spin as the notions suggests. Also i have to laugh at Sammy bringing himself on whilst we're on top!!..HOW TYPICAL!! :laugh: .

Wanna see what Permaul can do now in partnership with Shilly!!..Sammy wasting overs while we have them on the ropes right now!! :@ .
Jesus Christ, here I was thinking my post about Sachin getting sawn off was a bit too indulgent.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
a) Someone to keep it tight while Shillingford takes wickets (and lets face it, Cottrell wasn't bowling well)
b) keeping Best fresh until the ball really starts reversing big.
Shilly bowling scrambled seam might screw up plans for a big reverse spell. Both sides could be equally dry and roughed up...wonder how they maintain one side of the ball

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
In all seriousness, what is it going to take to get Sammy dropped from this team. He really is not Imho a test bowler and throws off our balance.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shashtri has been horrible for around 3 years now. He was alright before that, even good at one point of time.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
On a road at the Adelaide Oval...woohoo! The 75 at perth was the only encouraging innings, he plays a lot of dumb, casual shots in test cricket. But no one calls him out because they've built a myth around him
yeah. We'll see how he goes. I certainly rate Pujara higher for the time being anyway.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Shilly bowling scrambled seam might screw up plans for a big reverse spell. Both sides could be equally dry and roughed up...wonder how they maintain one side of the ball
IME this doesn't matter too much because you continue to shine the shiny side...but others might know more about that.

Shashtri has been horrible for around 3 years now. He was alright before that, even good at one point of time.
agreed. I used to love listening to him in the 90s. He certainly has a voice for radio.