• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India 2013

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tino should've started fake wheezing and coughing after hitting Dhawan in the ribs

Burgey

I thought Vijay wasn't a first choice player these days? Is someone injured or has he gone past a few others?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
He was behind only Sehwag and Gambhir before he came in I thought - they're both gone now of course

Daemon

I thought Vijay wasn't a first choice player these days? Is someone injured or has he gone past a few others?
Yeah he's first choice now. Your lot made him look like a world class batsmen but I honestly doubt he's going to last long at the top.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Eden Gardens is such a great place. Too bad they've been in BCCI's bad side. I would generally never go to a stadium in India, with the way they treat their customers, but I'd probably make an exception for Eden Gardens.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
How was Shami Ahmed? Heard that managed to get the ball to reverse? His economy seems pretty high though.
He went for a few because he pitched it up and got driven; he wasn't bowling gifts.

He definitely did get the ball to the reverse, yes. He was excellent really.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Well it was as poor a day as i can remember!!..but the game was up as soon as i saw we had the absolute NERVE to try and play five batsmen as if we were facing Bangledash!!..had we had an extra batsman then 300 plus would certainly have been on!!..but they are so determined to keep that waste of space Sammy in the team that it's gonna cost us massively in this series!!...i mean they call him an "alrounder"..so if thats the case why the hell did he bat at seven and hide behind Ramdin who only averages 20 at test level? it's crazy!!..

Also one has to wonder why the hell they took Roach if he is injured and left Rampaul at home? Narine must be pulling his mohawk out aswell!!..he's had the majority of that indian top order in fits when he's faced them before but apparently he's not good enough to make this side!! :blink: .

I know it's only the first day and many teams have crashed in the first innings including england when they last toured India but at least england's coaches and selectors had commons sense and picked Monty for the second test!!..our coach and selectors will continue to ignore the elephant in the room though you can bet your bottom dollar on that.