• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India 2013

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surely when Raina came in to bat as captain of the WI Sammy should have thought that this is their best chance of getting back in the game and bring back their best/fastest bowler and just bounced him out.

Have they put no planning in place? The ****s an absolute gumby to short pitch bowling, I don't even think it needs to be that fast.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So many collared shirts.
You would be the worst Indian cricket fan. Would rock up in shorts and a singlet rather than the mandatory collared shirt, would crack it at the fences, would try and hit on the chicks not realising that their role at the cricket is to constantly look concerned.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
fmd remember in 2005/06 the high hopes everyone had for Dwayne Bravo.

Such an annoying cricketer.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
fmd remember in 2005/06 the high hopes everyone had for Dwayne Bravo.

Such an annoying cricketer.
It gets said about a lot of players and 99% of the time I think it's bull****, but I firmly believe in his case that he would've been a much better Test cricketer if not for T20. It's not even so much that his natural skillset as a kid suited T20 cricket more than Test cricket; it's just that it was more lucrative to him and took less out of his body so he focussed on it. Probably the most annoying example of that.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Sidhu is even more colorful with the Metaphors in Hindi than he is in English.

He has made a decent career in media out of that way of speaking and metaphors now strangely enough.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
It gets said about a lot of players and 99% of the time I think it's bull****, but I firmly believe in his case that he would've been a much better Test cricketer if not for T20. It's not even so much that his natural skillset as a kid suited T20 cricket more than Test cricket; it's just that it was more lucrative to him and took less out of his body so he focussed on it. Probably the most annoying example of that.
1000% agree. He started off his career so well and is probably the most athletic man in World cricket (asides from Andre Russell anyway). He's practically made of rubber. He also had the ability to be a proper batting all rounder if he wanted it badly enough. But as you said, the shorter formats have allowed him to make a lot of money and set himself up for life.

I really hope his half brother doesn't make the same decision as he really is a gifted batsman.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Ravi Shastri's "he has to hurry"

Have heard that a million times in my life.
The Shastri Bot. Reads out lines from a pre-programmed memory stock of limited size.

At least Sidhu doesn't keep repeating the same brooding hen on china egg line over and over- but a few good oldies from ten years ago still resurface. The long ones may be read or memorised from a book. At least cricket with Sidhu is watchable. Comedy Nights With Kapil (Sharma) featuring Sidhu and some cross-dressers, not.

Last edited: