Page 129 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 1956
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: ***Official*** West Indies in India 2013

  1. #1921
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    When did he lose his touch though? When he debuted, he had some knocks with great flair and technique. The 84 vs Aus on debut, the Natwest final vs England(2002?). Do you mean since the cancer or did he become **** even before that against pace/swing?
    Yuvraj has always looked terrible against anything that bounces or moves sideways IMO. Really easy on the eye against straight medium-fast bowling or darts though, and I don't mean that in a "can slap them around" way; he looks a class act. Weird player for that reason.

    I've always felt that playing soooo much more OD cricket than FC cricket as a young player by virtue of being in so many Indian ODI squads really hampered his development on that front. It's why I'm not really a big fan of picking young players who are much better at OD cricket than FC cricket domestically in the ODI side straight away.
    ~ Cribbage ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

  2. #1922
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    When did he lose his touch though? When he debuted, he had some knocks with great flair and technique. The 84 vs Aus on debut, the Natwest final vs England(2002?). Do you mean since the cancer or did he become **** even before that against pace/swing?
    He's always been **** to watch against good spin, good short bowling or a moving ball. Nothing has changed in that way.

    Straight up and downers (no matter the speed) on flat tracks - he is awesome to watch.

  3. #1923
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Dem lofted leg glances though.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  4. #1924
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Yuvraj has always looked terrible against anything that bounces or moves sideways IMO. Really easy on the eye against straight medium-fast bowling or darts though, and I don't mean that in a "can slap them around" way; he looks a class act. Weird player for that reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    He's always been **** to watch against good spin, good short bowling or a moving ball. Nothing has changed in that way.

    Straight up and downers (no matter the speed) on flat tracks - he is awesome to watch.
    lol.


  5. #1925
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,849
    PEWS wag/c

    Thats a scarily easy 101 (73) balls. Like he barely broke a sweat.

  6. #1926
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,440
    Has WW come on and made a post yet to the effect that if only one change was made to the WI side it would miraculously be 1985 again? Or is it still a bit early where he is?
    Shri likes this.

  7. #1927
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Hahahah wtf!!! That reaction.

  8. #1928
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Has WW come on and made a post yet to the effect that if only one change was made to the WI side it would miraculously be 1985 again? Or is it still a bit early where he is?
    He couldn't pop in last game because Sammy won them the match, but he'll appear soon enough and no doubt stress how Rampaul/Holder should have been in the Test squad for NZ.

  9. #1929
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,849
    That's a ridicuouslyl passive reaction to a wicket. There are till 74 runs to get ffs.

    That's why I can't warm to this WI team. Such a cbf team.

  10. #1930
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    That's a ridicuouslyl passive reaction to a wicket. There are till 74 runs to get ffs.

    That's why I can't warm to this WI team. Such a cbf team.
    The TAB had given them 7.5 wickets start. Moral victory already.

  11. #1931
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,849
    Lol.

    In all seriousness, I'd have lost my **** if I was a WI supporter. Horrible.

  12. #1932
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    **** that Brisbane ad with Justin Leppitsch is brutal. Tough viewing.

  13. #1933
    International Coach Shri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,178
    Has Joni posted a Kohli pic today?

  14. #1934
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,849
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    **** that Brisbane ad with Justin Leppitsch is brutal. Tough viewing.
    Not as brutal as having to cop Simon Odonnell on Summer 360

  15. #1935
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Has Joni posted a Kohli pic today?
    Your infraction tab should answer your question.
    Dan likes this.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand 2013/14
    By Prince EWS in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 6099
    Last Post: 17-01-2014, 12:30 PM
  2. ***Official*** Pakistan in West Indies 2013
    By Fusion in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 29-07-2013, 10:54 PM
  3. ***Official*** Zimbabwe in West Indies, 2013
    By stumpski in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 25-03-2013, 09:04 AM
  4. India/Sri Lanka/West Indies 2013 ODI Tri-Series
    By Shri in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-09-2012, 01:25 AM
  5. ***Official*** India in West Indies
    By dossa in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 17-05-2009, 03:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •