• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Nasser's fault!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
2nd Test WI v Aus

10.4 Dillon to Langer, OUT: first strike! fuller length delivery on the leg stump line, Langer moves across to play but the ball stays a bit low and goes on to hit the pad right in front of the stumps, huge appeal, Asoka de Silva takes his time and raises his finger

Australia 49/1, Partnership of 49
JL Langer lbw b Dillon 25 (37b 5x4 0x6)
ML Hayden 23* (28b 3x4) M Dillon 5.4-1-18-1 (1nb)

TV replays show that the ball pitched outside the line of the leg stump, Langer can consider himself unlucky, Asoka de Silva gets another one wrong!
---
12.1 Dillon to Hayden, OUT: ho god! another one pitches outside the leg stump and comes in, Hayden moves across to play but misses out on the shot, ball hits the pad, huge appeal and Asoka de Silva raises the dreaded finger, Hayden walks away shaking his head
---
Dillon got the early breakthroughs with some help from umpire Asoka de Silva
---
5.5 Drakes to Langer, OUT: first strike! short delivery, pitched outside the off stump and angling into the left hander, ball kept low after pitching and goes on to hit the pad outside the line of the off stump, huge appeal and umpire Asoka de Silva raises his finger

Australia 12/1, Partnership of 12
JL Langer lbw b Drakes 3 (23b 0x4 0x6)
ML Hayden 7* (12b 1x4) VC Drakes 2.5-1-2-1

Langer walks away shaking his head
---
1.4 Gillespie to Smith, OUT: good length delivery, pitched wide outside the off stump and angling in, Smith moves across to play but gets hit on the pad, huge appeal and umpire Asoka de Silva raises his finger, Smith gets a pair!

West Indies 2/1, Partnership of 2
DS Smith lbw b Gillespie 0 (5b 0x4 0x6)
WW Hinds 1* (5b) JN Gillespie 0.4-0-0-1

TV replays show that the ball hit the pad outside the line of the off stump, Smith can consider himself unlucky

Lots of head shaking. :lol:
--------------------------------

Still, Venkat outdid him for the worst decision...

That was a shocker dealt to Lara, Bichel bowling from over the wicket gets a ball to pitch on leg and angle towards off, Lara chops the ball back onto his pad, HUGE inside edge and onto the back pad! Umpire Venkat decides that's out

Eclipse

International Debutant
Mister Wright said:
Langer always shakes his head when he is given out whether it is plumb or not! :lol:
lol yep I will second that one.

I have never seen Langer actualy accept that he is out he always shakes his head or somthing.

Poor old JL it must feel bad being AA's bunny.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
2nd Test WI v Aus

Major text snipped

My memory may not be what it was, but I have no recollection of either sets of fans whinging about the fact that the umpire had ruined their game for them - they just accepted it with good grace.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
My memory may not be what it was, but I have no recollection of either sets of fans whinging about the fact that the umpire had ruined their game for them - they just accepted it with good grace.
That's because it wasn't the umpire's fault, it was Samuels'. :P He dropped a simple catch of Ponting on 37... he scored 205 (?).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And did the West Indian fans accept that with good grace? If they did, they shouldn't have.