• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the first womens cricket thread...

Kimbo

International Debutant
well, i thought it was time a womens cricket thread was started, i know there are a couple of girls here to talk about it.
first thing- nz women going to england, and playing india also at jersey...
what do you think will happen as indian womens cricket is getting stronger and stronger.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Well.. we learn something everday don't we.. Well Since I am a big follower of womens cricket I will coment. I don't think India , England and certainly not the netherlands should be any problem to New Zealand.. This isa great chance for them to look to the next world cup and the next rosbowl series.

Kimbo

International Debutant
yea, thats true, there are 4 girls at lincoln full time who are looking pretty damn good, its full on down there.
the white ferns are going through a developmental stage right now, should be alright though, but the way india caned england (not that its hard) suggests that they will be tougher than ever before

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Im not sure but i have a feeling New Zealand Womens Cricket will do good in the next worldcup

i have a feeling it will be either India or Australia for the Cup

Anway GO the New Zealand Womens

The other sad thing was when the Womens Cricket WldCup was played In New Zealand And when we were doing good and went into the Finals. New Zealand Tv still didnt play the games on National Tv. That is sad. They should be supporting kiwi sport Men or Women.

I would have watched it not because its women but because its cricket and i support not just sports that are played by men but my women too, not for some crazy reason , but just to support the sport for my country

Puff ... Thank You lol:p

Kimbo

International Debutant
I went to the final of the world cup , and it went off, when nz won everyone ran onto the field and it was wicked... its really good to see that people will support womens cricket, its becoming more and more exciting to watch as the players are getting more and more athletic.
in india they get about 80000 people along to watch womens cricket- amazing ... that would never happen here, mainly because our grounds cant hold that much, but we wouldnt get capacity crowds- the matches are hardly advertised, nobody knows about them. :(

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
All these women that play for New Zealand are non-professionals. They do it just for the love and no moneys is earned. The men earn thousands of dollars but they put in only put the same amount of work in. Ok There are less womens games but this is because the players have to try and make a living by work. They can't travel around all the time without making money.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Oh they dont get paid ??

whoa i never knew that ?

so i guess they travel around with help from sponsors and support ?

Kimbo

International Debutant
Yea, they dont get paid- they get their costs covered and thats all. NZ cricket employs a few of them so they don't have issues with employers, and touring and practising and stuff like that. The girls at Lincoln have to do far more academic work than the guys... another crappy fact of life for us girls

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
They more than likely don't get paid because there isn't enough money coming in through the womens' cricket side of the things to justify increased expenditure there.

Global capitalism for ya.. :(!

yaju

State Vice-Captain
Unfortunately nearly everything is unfair for women in this world :(. Men still don't respect women, when they should. At a Forum I read people saying that all the cricketing girls are ugly. When I protested they started uttering bad words to them.

Sometimes when I post something in support of women other fellows get angry and start saying words to me. They say things like there are other sites to discuss such things, why this one?, etc.. :cry:.

Kimbo

International Debutant
Well, I support you Yaju. Women do get treated badly, not in all aspects of life, but often with little respect. For some reason men treat women as objects, an looks are an issue. I always hear guys at school talking about how ugly some girls are... so sad.
anyways... up with helen clark!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
i know what you are talking about Sunil

and neither can u ask a girl out who other people think there is something wrong with her, cause then u get like dissed for the whole time even by your good mates

James

Cricket Web Owner
Come on Sunil, you're generalising. Not all men are like that. I know for one that I'm not like that.