• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand 2013/14

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There's a lot of discussion about this flowing over into the New Zealand domestic thread, the New Zealand in Bangladesh thread and the New Zealand doom and gloom thread so I thought it probably deserved its own thread, even if a little earlier than usual.

I'll post the schedule up when cricinfo actually loads for me.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep. Get really jelly, we probably have like 3-4 guys in the Indian domestic thread making 5 posts total a day on average.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
what happened to your avatar? At first glance I thought you'd been banned or something

Daemon

The previous one was from an avatar bet. Don't need to have it anymore.

_Ed_

It's not long ago that I thought we were at least equal with the likes of WI. Now I'm really not so sure. Maybe it's just that good ol' NZ cricket pessimism, but I feel like we're regressing.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
It's not long ago that I thought we were at least equal with the likes of WI. Now I'm really not so sure. Maybe it's just that good ol' NZ cricket pessimism, but I feel like we're regressing.
This series will provide a perfect indicator as to whether or not that is the case.

I'm gonna go against type and pick NZ to win the series 2-0.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
For the record, my 2-0 scoreline prediction involves 2 narrow wins and a draw where WI dominate before rain intervenes. I agree that WI are a very good side and that I'm probably being ridiculous, especially now that Kane is likely to miss the first 2 tests.

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ have a chance if their fast bowlers get going, unconvinced about how the current WI players play good fast bowling, Shiv might carry though

centurymaker

International Captain
Chanderpal is still going strong... somehow. What a freak :)

Oh wow 3 tests. I expected there to be only 2. Thats great!

vandem

International 12th Man
DL Vettori 22-10-39-5 on 2nd day of Auck vs ND. Assuming he can still get out of bed in the morning, he should be a lock for the test team.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah Dan the Man should come straight in provided he's fit enough because he's bowling better than his competition so far (not that it was unexpected or a high bar).

I think we'll do ok. Test matches on home pitches are a world away from ODIs on slow low turners in Bangladesh, and our players are better at home. There will be more swing and for longer, the spinners won't be so important on early to mid season decks (not that Vettori is pitch reliant - he's the same everywhere) and our batsmen will at least be familliar with both the conditions and the West Indies attack style (pace dominant).

Couldn't pick a winner though.

Days of Grace

International Captain
It's a myth now that New Zealand pitches suit swing and seam. They have been roads ever since we sucked up to the BCCI in 2008/09.

Flem274*

123/5
Early season pitches tbf. After Christmas is when it gets flaaaaaat. Also any New Zealand month is better for fast bowling than Bangladesh.