• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand 2013/14

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Quite a difference in the efforts of the two bowling attack. Bowling Districts concede 52 off 29 overs, and the windies concede 51 off 8. Admittedly it's pretty much impossible to contain HRud once he gets a head of steam up - you either go for runs or you get him out. Still, Cottrell/Gabriel will need to tighten up for the tests.

Huh, Brownlie's really developed some lbw problems this season.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Quite a difference in the efforts of the two bowling attack. Bowling Districts concede 52 off 29 overs, and the windies concede 51 off 8. Admittedly it's pretty much impossible to contain HRud once he gets a head of steam up - you either go for runs or you get him out. Still, Cottrell/Gabriel will need to tighten up for the tests.
The Hamilton game will have heaps of swing there but I'm not so sure about Lincoln. Even half volleys are sometimes best left when a swing bowler is hooping it.

Flem274*

123/5
Brownlie has always been prone to lbw because he hangs back and even when he moves forward it's a weight transfer more than a stride.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Cotterell and Gabriel are not keep it tight type of bowlers. This is why I think leaving out Holder and Rampaul is a ludicrous decision. You can afford to have one very quick but wild bowler but two in one side is just asking for trouble. I can picture the scene, Rutherford will have been given regular width and pace to work with and when that happens you will not keep him quiet. Pace from one end, bounce/line/length from the other is the answer.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Cotterell and Gabriel are not keep it tight type of bowlers. This is why I think leaving out Holder and Rampaul is a ludicrous decision. You can afford to have one very quick but wild bowler but two in one side is just asking for trouble. I can picture the scene, Rutherford will have been given regular width and pace to work with and when that happens you will not keep him quiet. Pace from one end, bounce/line/length from the other is the answer.
Darren Sammy will keep it tight

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Darren Sammy is my favourite West Indian player ftr :)
He can smile, it's just a shame smiles don't translate into talent, runs or wickets. What I will say for him is that he can field at slip and is a very effective limited overs pinch hitter.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
He can smile, it's just a shame smiles don't translate into talent, runs or wickets. What I will say for him is that he can field at slip and is a very effective limited overs pinch hitter.
well against us, I can forgive him for that

Flem274*

123/5
Now noted West Indian allrounder Sam Wells has removed de Boorder, lets see if the Windies fall victim to the Cute Little Tail Wag which is a stalwart of the NZ FC summer.

I'd suggest taking all NZ born bowlers out of the attack now.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Quite amusing that half our batsmen looking for match practice or pushing for a test spot have been dismissed by domestic ring-ins nowhere near the test side :happy:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Don't really care for a tail wag here but now that Latham's out I'd like to see Raval get some runs.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
@thenichecache 36m
Wells (2) and Tugaga (1) doing their best for the Windies but keep an eye on Cottrell #beast #pace.
@nickbewley 42m
Like the look of Sheldon Cottrell. Big left arm quick, steams in. Bowled both Fulton and McCullum today.
Some lovely front foot shots by McCullum, but he's been skittled by Cottrell for 22. NZA 112/4