• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand 2013/14

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Also, I would absolutely enforce the follow on here.

We have better bowlers than we did at Napier and the pitch is not that dead.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Showers on the forecast for Day 5 so that would have to play into it as well.

Listening to Radio Sport it sounds like Sammy is really struggling. Who's the vice captain for them these days?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach

Listening to Radio Sport it sounds like Sammy is really struggling. Who's the vice captain for them these days?
surely chanders? Ramdin has a bit too much of a spastic streak

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wouldn't mind another one for Sodhi but need to let Southee get his bag. He deserves one.
I would just be happy for anyone to get the wickets tbh - we all know what tail wags are like in NZ at present and Best has previous form on this.

Edit: Hehe

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The vice captain is indeed Dinesh Ramdin and honestly I can't think of a worse person in international cricket, other than perhaps Chris Gayle.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

? Met service has it as glorious weather for saturday...

Meridio

International Regular
WTF Sammy. Crazy cricket.

We should enforce the follow on I reckon. Have only bowled 60 odd overs this innings, bowlers shouldn't be too tired.

James

Cricket Web Owner
The vice captain is indeed Dinesh Ramdin and honestly I can't think of a worse person in international cricket, other than perhaps Chris Gayle.
LOL - you'd have to wonder how things can get worse for them. You'd certainly expect them to with Ramdin as captain.

WTF Sammy. Crazy cricket.

We should enforce the follow on I reckon. Have only bowled 60 odd overs this innings, bowlers shouldn't be too tired.
Yeah agreed with the situation the way it is now. Expected a bit more fight from the tail.

Meridio

International Regular
That's drifted a long way. Reckon it might actually be sliding down seeing as it hasn't pitched.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
that was coming in a long way, and he got a large stride in. Wouldn't label it a shocker though so fair enough to uphold the decision

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I'm not watching this rubbish anymore, sleep is preferable! Yes the bowling has been pretty good I must say, but the after lunch performance was lacking any sort of commitment to the cause. 3 tests in a row that has happened now. There's only so long the management can try an blame lack of preparation. You have to show some fight. That was a disgrace.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
It might seem unlikely, but he's actually a very astute captain. Tactically much better than Sammy tbh. He was an outstanding leader at Under 19 level too. It's less than ideal, but performance wise he is more worthy than Sammy and is the only logical choice.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Please please please enforce the follow on. Shot at an innings victory and the bowlers have only bowled 62 overs and this is only a half day, not the morning session.