• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand 2013/14

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Man, McCullum is so bad with his reviews (fielding ones, I mean). Calls for it when he shouldn't; decides not to when he should. Must have one of the worst success rates of any captain around.
With that one he actually had it right, you could see he didn't think it was out, but got persuaded to go for it anyway by players in worse positions than him.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With that one he actually had it right, you could see he didn't think it was out, but got persuaded to go for it anyway by players in worse positions than him.
Ah, right. Apologies to him in this case, then.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Tim Southee career to end of the 2012 tour of West Indies:
45 wickets at 44.00
... even more horrible considering his first bowling innings was 5/55

Then something happened

Since the end of the Windies tour:
39 wickets at 22.69
... largely in unhelpful bowling conditions as well.

Southee WAG.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I actually think that makes it even worse. He was captain, he was in a good position, decision's on him.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Tim Southee career to end of the 2012 tour of West Indies:
45 wickets at 44.00
... even more horrible considering his first bowling innings was 5/55

Then something happened

Since the end of the Windies tour:
39 wickets at 22.69
... largely in unhelpful bowling conditions as well.

Southee WAG.
Southee was actually pretty good on the Windies tour. Had a couple of catches turned down and a bit of bad luck. The real turn around started after he was axed during the 2012 SA series.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Southee was actually pretty good on the Windies tour. Had a couple of catches turned down and a bit of bad luck.
I seemed to remember something along those lines, though he only played the second test and I saw very little of it. Also including that makes the difference in averages less pronounced :ph34r:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Wait on, Craig McMillan is the Canterbury batting coach?

Yet he is up in the comm box sitting on his fat arse while his team just got bowled out for 223?

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Sodhi has really developed a Pakistani quality to his leg spin. High arm with the head sort of falling over, should be able to get some consistent drift with this action if he keeps working at it. Pretty good start too, lots of control

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Are you talking about the lbw appeal? Absolutely kidding yourself if so. Turned a long way.
I'll explain at some point. But feel free to think me a numpty for now. That was as much of a googly as Piyush Chawla and Mushtaq Ahmed's. If you want to call those googlies fine, but they're very different from the kind MacGill or Kumble bowled.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
yeah I thought it looked like late drift. Sometimes even Vettori can look like he has a doosra with late drift that causes the ball to change angle and look like it's turned in.

I didn't see that one properly though so it might've been a bona fide googly.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I do get what you mean - that from time to time the ball will drift in the air and then carry on off the pitch without turning at all, creating the illusion of it turning the other way when in reality it just changed its path before pitching.. a bit like really late swing that people confuse for seam movement.

That's not what happened there though; the ball did drift in but it clearly changed direction after pitching.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
WI must go after Sodhi. For whatever reason (probably having 600 on the board helped) he is bowling with confidence. They must hit him out of the attack or he will get amongst them. That is effectively what bangers did. They did not let him settle. Apart from that ghastly full toss that was waist high, that is the best I have seen him bowl.