• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand 2013/14

BeeGee

International Captain
The most frustrating thing about the two wickets today is that they were due to the batsman throwing his wicket away. If we had lost wickets to Narine bowling unplayable deliveries then I could accept that.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yes to Smith's question.

Taylor will easily go down as our greatest batsman since Martin Crowe. If he hasn't already.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would be the 2nd Kiwi ever to do so. And I doubt most would guess who was the 1st.
Andrew Jones scored 3 in 3 innings against Sri Lanka in 1991 but only across 2 tests.

EDIT: Urgh. Grant Bradburn played at Wellington in that series. Why do all roads lead to Bradburn at the mo?

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Anderson's dismissal ruined that session for NZ. These two now represent the last chance for New Zealand to get a lead.

BeeGee

International Captain
So nervous for Ross atm, and with my track record I'm too scared to say anything about my favourite player even though I'm not superstitious.

If the run of scores has to end I'd rather it end with a duck, not an 86-99 score.
Don't you dare even mention his name. :dry:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The lunch break couldn't have come soon enough for Taylor there. Starting to look both physically and mentally tired. Hopefully he realises that his team needs more than the Wellington decision to have a biff when he started flagging.

Watling is better than Ryder. I said it first
Disagree. IMO, the best NZ batsmen are in this order:

Taylor
Ryder
Watling
Williamson

and then probably Baz etc.

Anderson is almost undroppable after his performances in this test.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Taylor
Ryder.
In terms of talent, these two are streets ahead, IMO. Whether Ryder still has the mental strength for Test cricket, or even the appetite? Well, we will have to find out because players of his talent and prowess cannot reasonably be ignored in our player pool.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular

Taylor
Ryder
Watling
Williamson

and then probably Baz etc.

Anderson is almost undroppable after his performances in this test.
I think i say so because Watling uses the crease where as Ryder stands still and IMO Watling is better mentally, although Ryder looks to be improving.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
In terms of talent, these two are streets ahead, IMO. Whether Ryder still has the mental strength for Test cricket, or even the appetite? Well, we will have to find out because players of his talent and prowess cannot reasonably be ignored in our player pool.
Pretty much, which is why anything but having him selected for the test series is un-justifiable. I would rather that they drop Williamson than not play Ryder.