Page 2 of 407 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree985Likes

Thread: ***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand 2013/14

U19 12th Man
    DL Vettori 22-10-39-5 on 2nd day of Auck vs ND. Assuming he can still get out of bed in the morning, he should be a lock for the test team.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Yeah Dan the Man should come straight in provided he's fit enough because he's bowling better than his competition so far (not that it was unexpected or a high bar).

I think we'll do ok. Test matches on home pitches are a world away from ODIs on slow low turners in Bangladesh, and our players are better at home. There will be more swing and for longer, the spinners won't be so important on early to mid season decks (not that Vettori is pitch reliant - he's the same everywhere) and our batsmen will at least be familliar with both the conditions and the West Indies attack style (pace dominant).

Couldn't pick a winner though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Who are the Windies fans on the site - just WW now?
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    It's a myth now that New Zealand pitches suit swing and seam. They have been roads ever since we sucked up to the BCCI in 2008/09.
    hendrix, Prince EWS and BeeGee like this.
    Greatest Ever Test XI: JB Hobbs, L Hutton, DG Bradman (c), IVA Richards, BC Lara, GS Sobers, AC Gilchrist (wk), Imran Khan, RJ Hadlee, MD Marshall, SK Warne 12th man: M Muralitharan

Favorite XI: WG Grace, VT Trumper, IVA Richards, DCS Compton, FMM Worrell (c), AC Gilchrist (wk), CL Cairns, SK Warne, FS Trueman, SE Bond, T Richardson 12th man: H Larwood

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Early season pitches tbf. After Christmas is when it gets flaaaaaat. Also any New Zealand month is better for fast bowling than Bangladesh.

International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    You mean early seaon pitches like we saw last week in the Otago/Wellington match?

Yeah I saw the recent Seddon Park guy Karl Johnson claimed they've very much narrowed down the science of laying on a 400-run HRV game in November now. ****ers.

Last March the carry had died out of pretty much every pitch I saw except Eden Park No. 2 though, as Phlegm said.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    I take it the Windies is squad is likely to be the same one that's currently touring India? It's a pity as I'd really like to see Miguel Cummins get a bowl, and a series against a flimsy Kane-less top order is a pretty good place to make a debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

International Debutant WindieWeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    I take it the Windies is squad is likely to be the same one that's currently touring India? It's a pity as I'd really like to see Miguel Cummins get a bowl, and a series against a flimsy Kane-less top order is a pretty good place to make a debut.
    Nah i wouldn't say this team is certain to tour NZ!!..Powell's form of late has been a little iffy while Brathwaite has been on fire so if Kieran doesn't contribute i can see Kraigg replacing him. Shillingford could also be vulnerable if he gets knocked around the park as the shadow of Narine is always lurking behind him.

Cummins is interesting but i'm not sure the selectord want to rush him at this juncture!!..he had a great first class season and a semi decent tour to India so i think they might let him have another first class season under his belt before he steps up!!..and he will because the lad really can move the ball around and has good pace.

Rampaul would likely be someone to come into the attack if our pace unit needs mixing up. No doubt though i'm really looking forward to this one!! ..i'd imagine the kiwis will want revenge after the blowout in the caribbean between the two sides and no doubt it will be tightly contested!!..

We scored 300+ in all three tests in the series we played in England last year so i think our batters are capable of adapting to the NZ conditions and the potential swing on offer.
    Hurricane likes this.
    One Day cups- Champions trophy winners-T20 cup-29 test series without defeat record- and some think we're a "minnow".

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Any news as to whether Roach is likely to be fit in time for the tests?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I'll post the schedule up when cricinfo actually loads for me.

U19 Debutant
    Jesse Ryder to Take Next Step Back to Black Caps | Stuff.co.nz

Jesse to play in West Indies warm up match, it will be a good indication of where he is at. I see they are going to play a lot of the first team for the warm up match. I think these guys will be better off playing for the provences, given that only 6 WI guys will be here, give the up and commers a chance to make a name for themselves.

U19 Debutant
    Brendon McCullum (c) - Otago Volts, Todd Astle - Canterbury Wizards, James Baker - Northern Knights, Dean Brownlie - Canterbury Wizards, Mark Craig - Otago Volts, Peter Fulton - Canterbury Wizards, Tom Latham - Canterbury Wizards, Andrew Mathieson - Central Stags, Hamish Rutherford - Otago Volts, Jesse Ryder - Otago Volts, Anurag Verma - Northern Knights

The only other FC game on at the same time is ND V CD which starts the day prior

Wtf is Baker and Verma doing in this squad except because they are from ND. The list of better and more deserving domestic bowlers is a long one just off the top of my head:
    Bennett
    Henry
    Mitch
    Butler
    Duffy
    Bartlett
    Bates
    Gillespie

Maybe Bradburn was worried his boys would miss out on a FC game due to the return of Boult and Southee
    http://tvnz.co.nz/cricket-news/jesse...arm-up-5710444

U19 Debutant
    Also Raval and Redmond to open WI

I have just worked out what is happening
    There are T20 games on so
    Ak v Well 29/11 (Day 3 of warm up game)
    Ak v Can 30/11 (Day after)
    So they have pretty much excluded from selection all of the players who are likely to play in t20.

This only stokes my rage

Page 2 of 407 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information