• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dhoni and new ODI rules

CricketJustGame

Cricket Spectator
I have great respect for Dhoni as a captain and player. I rate him as one among the best. But I don't understand why is he so reluctant to change according to new ODI rule? I have observed that he still does the following,
1. Use spinners or part timers in death overs- this worked great in past but with a ball just 15 overs old, one needs faster bowlers to contain runs. Slow bowlers have fewer chance with a fresher ball though the track is slow. The proof of his reluctance to change is visible in Buvi bowling only 8 overs in 6th ODI though he was most economical.

2. I have seen that in the past even if the faster bowlers bowl well and pickup early wickets Dhoni is still happy to continue with part timers till 50 overs. He never disturbs a part timer if he starts getting into good rhythm. Other captains would have gone for kill when 6 wickets falls by bringing faster bowlers. Also this nature of Dhoni just demotives the faster bowlers.

3. He does not consider bringing faster bowler for a fresh short spell with the new ball in 26th over. He continued with jadeja yesterday.

To me his stubrn behaviour gives a hint that the new rules is going away soon, ofcouse by the richest board putting pressure on icc. He knows this on back of head and does not want to change his winning approach. Other than that it is mere stupidity not to change.

CricketJustGame

Cricket Spectator
I am not trying to critic Dhoni but I need a logical answer for his reluctance to change. Such a brainy captain being so dumb is not acceptable. To me it appears that he hates the new rule and hence tries to act as if they did not exist to give least respect to it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The new rule should be if more than two spinners bowl in an innings the fielding side is penalised 75 runs.

Per over the third spinner bowls.

benchmark00

Fingers spinners are a ****ing blight on the sport. Especially all these left arm orthodox ****s. Absolutely horrible to watch.

Shri

Mr. Glass
The new rule should be if more than two spinners bowl in an innings the fielding side is penalised 75 runs.

Per over the third spinner bowls.
Or you could just give Ishant the ball. Thats enough of a penalty.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I think Dhoni is completely correct in criticizing the new rules, and they are anyways more damaging to the Asian teams.

I can understand people criticizing him on the DRS thing, but in this case, he seems correct.

Spikey

Okay, let's go over the ground rules. You can't leave first until you chug a beer. Any man scoring has to chug a beer. You have to chug a beer at the top of all odd-numbered innings. Oh, and the fourth inning is the beer inning.