• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2013 Fastest Bowler

Fastest bowler

• Johnson

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Morkel

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Steyn

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Finn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tshep

Cricket Spectator
Hey guys.
Been searching for a while on who the fastest bowler currently is.
I think the top 4 is probably:
4: Morkel
3: Finn
2: Steyn
1: Johnson.

Cheers
TedShep

Flem274*

123/5
Probably some random Pakistani or South African we've never heard of.

Some fringe international bowlers like Milne and Meaker (iirc) are meant to be pretty sharp. Australia have a whole bunch who bowl very quickly: Cummins, Patto, Harris, Johnson and probably more. The Windies have Roach and Best.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would say Tymal Mills is quicker than Finn but no idea who the fastest is. Johnson is getting some serious pace up in the last few months.

Daemon

Tait's still around btw. **** he used to let them go quickly. Haven't watched him in recent times.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Depends how you define "fastest bowler." Steyn has the capability to bowl faster than Morkel (he dipped well into the 150s for the Titans as a youngster), but rarely does so.

Don't think there are any young Saffer's that would be pushing over 150 atm. Possibly Marchant de Lange on occasion.

tshep

Cricket Spectator
Depends how you define "fastest bowler." Steyn has the capability to bowl faster than Morkel (he dipped well into the 150s for the Titans as a youngster), but rarely does so.

Don't think there are any young Saffer's that would be pushing over 150 atm. Possibly Marchant de Lange on occasion.
Yeah I sout of define fastest bowler as being reasonable consistent (like 3 really quick balls or more per over). Thats why I think johnson. Some people have the capacity to let the odd one out real quick like steyn and even patto but i am asking about consistentcy

MrPrez

International Debutant
Yeah I sout of define fastest bowler as being reasonable consistent (like 3 really quick balls or more per over). Thats why I think johnson. Some people have the capacity to let the odd one out real quick like steyn and even patto but i am asking about consistentcy
Steyn can bowl in the high 140s consistently though. At least he could when he used to try. And I've seen him bowl spells up there over the past few years too.

He just chooses to reign it back a bit and be accurate.

Top_Cat

tshep: That video is of Merchant De Lange. Have seen him get past 150Km/h on occasion.

Very few out-and-out speed merchants (:ph34r:) about the place, lots of guys regularly in the low 90's but that's about it. Just shows you what a freakish time it was when we had Tait, Lee and Akhtar pushing the speed gun.