• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Richard Davis Dies aged 37

chris.hinton

International Captain
some of you will not have heard of Richard Davis but he was the only cricket to have played for 5 counties and he won the treble with Warwickshire in 1994.

He died after a long battle with Cancer yesturday. he was David Fulton brother in law

He also played for Glouester,Sussex,Kent and Leicester he was a Slow left arm bowler

All our thoughts are with his Family

Bazza

International 12th Man
I thought it was a mistake when it said 37 because I thought I would have heard of him and the name didn't ring a bell, but I think I remember him playing for Sussex now.

Anyway, very sad especially as he was so young.

Rich2001

International Captain
chris.hinton said:
some of you will not have heard of Richard Davis but he was the only cricket to have played for 5 counties and he won the treble with Warwickshire in 1994.

He died after a long battle with Cancer yesturday. he was David Fulton brother in law

He also played for Glouester,Sussex,Kent and Leicester he was a Slow left arm bowler

All our thoughts are with his Family
Just like to echo the thoughts already show, and he will be fondly remembered at Canterbury for the time he spent at Kent (76 matches out of 170).

Thoughts are with his wife Samantha and the rest of his family :(