• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MCG advice on not baking in the sun.

infoman

Cricket Spectator
First time at the MCG,I would like to avoid baking in the sun all day.

Although I would like to sit in with the Barmy Army(section M16?)

Looking at the way the direction of the Sun falls, it looks like it will be in the shade in the morning period

and in the sun for most of the afternoon

Any advice or comments most wellcome,many thanks.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Advice. It'll be beautiful and cool in the morning, and once the sun comes over the top of that stadium, it'll be ****ing hot.

Take a big hat, sunscreen and a long sleeve top. Of course, all the Australians will be nude while you try to cover up.

Our sun will bake your delicate pommy skin.

infoman

Cricket Spectator
Advice. It'll be beautiful and cool in the morning, and once the sun comes over the top of that stadium, it'll be ****ing hot.

Take a big hat, sunscreen and a long sleeve top. Of course, all the Australians will be nude while you try to cover up.

Our sun will bake your delicate pommy skin.
Thanks for the info,may I ask if you are allowed to go outside of the confinds of the stadium and still come back in.

Or put it another way, multipull entry and exits

What I was thinking was watching the game in the morning period and WHEN it gets too hot

wander away from and outside the stadium and come back later in the afternoon when it SHOULD be cooler

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year

Looking at the way the direction of the Sun falls, it looks like it will be in the shade in the morning period

Have you purchased your tickets yet mate?? If not, get onto it. Day 1 is definitely sold out in the BA section but I think there are small numbers left for the other days.

As for the sun, it's all part of the experience, just take the sensible precautions.

Yes, you can get pass outs so if it is a stinker you can have a bit of a break.

What Monk isn't telling you about "their"sun is that this is Melbourne and you wouldn't have a clue what the weather is going to be like. Last 2 Ashes tests there have been ****ing freezing most days and on one day it was actually warmer in London than it was in Melbourne. Your "delicate pommy skin" would have been in no danger at all in our last 2 visits.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Watch out for the poisonous snakes and crocs on the way in to the ground too.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thanks for the info,may I ask if you are allowed to go outside of the confinds of the stadium and still come back in.

Or put it another way, multipull entry and exits

What I was thinking was watching the game in the morning period and WHEN it gets too hot

wander away from and outside the stadium and come back later in the afternoon when it SHOULD be cooler
I would recommend, when you pop out of the ground in the middle of the day, that you visit the beach at St Kilda then pop by the shops on your way back for the evening session.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Last time I was at the MCG for cricket (2006) the chance of getting burnt would have been a fine thing. Cold and windy enough to freeze the bollocks off a brass monkey.

ajdude

International Coach
bring sunscreen and a raincoat, you'll experience many seasons which do not exist outside of melbourne

Son Of Coco

My advice would be to sit above the Barmy Army so you can combine the dual pleasures of a good view of the cricket and the smell of frying bacon.

uvelocity

International Coach
if ever there was a tour for a pom to doccument the fall of english cricket, this is the one. you've picked a good tour to go on to witness a repeat of history

andyc

Honestly, bring a towel/rug. Works great as a cover for when it starts ****ing baking during the day for your legs etc., and given that you're in Melbourne, doubles as something to keep you warm in case it decides to be cold that day. Other than that get comfy and enjoy watching your blokes get smashed.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
OP as you can tell from this thread the sun is the least irritating thing you will have to contend with whilst watching the cricket in Oz........

Last edited: