• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Sledges

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That's like the most comprehensive list I have ever seen. That is a valuable resource on the Internet. I was going to chime in with more dots than a dalmation but you had it :)

I am actually against real sledging which is essentially calling someone a ****wit etc - we had a debate here on CW about it and it was me against the australian crew. In the end they influenced me somewhat but I still don't think sledging should be part of the game as cricket is supposed to be a gentleman's game and gentlemen don't call people ****wits.
To me, sledging is something that will put the batsman off his game. It's best when it's an intelligent sledge, such as Kumar Sangakkara reminding Shaun Pollock about the pressure he was under as he walked to the crease in the 2003 World Cup, it can be humourous, like Flintoff's "mind the windows Tino" quip, or just straight up crude. If it puts off the batsman (as Flintoff's definitely did) then fine.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Flintoff to Yuvraj in the 2007 T20 WC was pretty good. No idea what he said but I'm glad he did it.

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
In a match last year, I came to bat at 7, and one of the slips said at the top of his (posh, or at least more posh than mine) voice "look lads, this guy can't even hold a bat right".

Not wanting to continue this theme of distraction, I told him that I'd "****ed his Mother" the night before, and that he'd be wearing the bat if he carried on.

I never insult or distract the opposition batsmen. It's just bad form. So I don't expect it in return.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In a match last year, I came to bat at 7, and one of the slips said at the top of his (posh, or at least more posh than mine) voice "look lads, this guy can't even hold a bat right".

Not wanting to continue this theme of distraction, I told him that I'd "f*cked his Mother" the night before, and that he'd be wearing the bat if he carried on.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator

Not wanting to continue this theme of distraction, I told him that I'd "****ed his Mother" the night before, and that he'd be wearing the bat if he carried on.

I never insult or distract the opposition batsmen. It's just bad form. So I don't expect it in return.
View attachment 20807