• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Ishant Sharma Disparagement Thread

salman85

International Debutant
No surprises here.

Ishant Sharma is among the long list of Indian Fast Bowlers who were built up as having the potential of eclipsing Hadlee, Imran, Lillee and Marshall combined..

Only to end up eclipsing Younis Khan's ability as a medium pacer.

He isn't the first.And he won't be the last.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should have a grade 4 all over on my opinion - can't be easy bowling doing that impersonation of an Afghan hound

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Poor guy. Had decent figures of 1-33 after 7 before that over, and some of those balls weren't that bad either. It's a shame really, he has so much talent but absolutely no luck. Hope he doesn't get dropped because of this, he's only 25 after all and it'd be a waste to throw away this talent at such a young age.

OverratedSanity

Poor guy. Had decent figures of 1-33 after 7 before that over, and some of those balls weren't that bad either. It's a shame really, he has so much talent but absolutely no luck. Hope he doesn't get dropped because of this, he's only 25 after all and it'd be a waste to throw away this talent at such a young age.
Please use /sarcasm tags

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
He is both gun barrel straight and unintelligent (if that is a word)

I remember when he dismissed Ponting roughly 5 years ago in Aussie - and the Indian press were eager to hear anyone tell them that he was the real deal. They pressed Ricky for his opinion and Ricky gave him the highest possible compliment an Aussie will give "yeah, he is good".

Daemon

I remember that series. I also remember how he averaged 60 with the ball in it..

It was the ODI tri series following the Border-Gavaskar trophy where he bowled really well, along with the Ponting dismissals that hyped him up so much.

Last edited:

karan316

State Vice-Captain
No surprises here.

Ishant Sharma is among the long list of Indian Fast Bowlers who were built up as having the potential of eclipsing Hadlee, Imran, Lillee and Marshall combined..

Only to end up eclipsing Younis Khan's ability as a medium pacer.

He isn't the first.And he won't be the last.
Yaa, and he bowls with a straight arm

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
He is both gun barrel straight and unintelligent (if that is a word)

I remember when he dismissed Ponting roughly 5 years ago in Aussie - and the Indian press were eager to hear anyone tell them that he was the real deal. They pressed Ricky for his opinion and Ricky gave him the highest possible compliment an Aussie will give "yeah, he is good".
Therefore fooling India into picking him for the next 5 years. Very cunning Mister Ponting.

benchmark00

This is Sharma's pitch map for that over against Forkers.

That is absolutely ****ing disgusting.

I can't possibly imagine that was Sharma's idea to bowl length and short to Faulkner. I honestly think:

a) A coach in the Indian set up has advised him that in the death it's best to hit a length; or
b) No one has taught him how to bowl at the death and he's just bowled how he would if it was the second over of the match.

The best ball to bowl at the death is the ball that hits the batting crease 2-3 feet outside off stump. You set a third man, deep point/deep cover point, long on and long off. If the batsman somehow manufactures to hit it through mid wicket then good on him.

Surely the Indian bowling coach needs to grab a shoe, place it on the crease wide of off stump and tell his pace bowlers to hit the shoe as many times in a row as possible. Then do exactly the same in the last 4-5 overs.

****ing horrible cricket.