• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tim Seifert

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I'll have a conversation with myself in this thread given most people have already expressed their opinions on him elsewhere.

Tim is regarded by some to the be the next big thing in NZ cricket. The talk on CW is that we spot our test standard batsman at a very young age and basically they are all childhood prodigies. Ross Taylor averaged 135 in an under 14 provincial tournament. And Kane williamson was hitting centuries and turning heads at 12 years old. Ryder also wasn't too shabby in under age stuff neither was Dan.

Tim's strike rate is one of those things you could go either way on. In one sense it speaks of a lack of patience and suggests to a certain degree he is a slogger. On a glass is half full perspective it could mean he is simply to good for teenage cricket and doesn't feel the need to play defensively. He is still developing which ever way you cut it and is an exciting prospect. I do hope he gets stretched this year and that he has the right coaching staff around him.

From what little video I have seen on him I don't think he is the next Ross Taylor but could be useful in the limited overs stuff.

Flem274*

123/5
Been ages since I watched him and cbf atm but from what I remember he needs a lot of refinement. Much closer to the immediate post-hockey Taylor than KW or Jesse. There's still plenty of time for him to turn himself into more of a batsman and less of a wham bam thank you maam of course.

Flem274*

123/5
And I think NZ are mediocre at talent spotting ftr, and it doesn't help we annoint chosen ones who are then put on a pedestal, which often leads to the lovely ****tail of them being thrown in the deep end, them buying into their own press or conversely them crumbling under the weight of the cross on their backs.

And then Nathan Astle and Scott Styris come through with no fanfare and forge respectable careers.